Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 17 lber caught at Gull Lake??

Default 17 lber caught at Gull Lake??

Someone at work told me that in WON they have a picture of a guy with a 17lb trout..not sure if it's a brown or bow...but I knew they would be kicking out big fish this year. Someone caught a 16lber last year ..

Default Checked out the "Gull Lake Marina" website

and nothing was reported...yet

still no report on this.. Hmmmm. I know a 9lber came out of there a week ago, and a 16lber last year ..I guess I'll have to find out when I get up there in a few weeks.

This week's WON dated the 9th talked about the 9.14 brown you were prolly referring to, aside from that nothing to speak of as far as a 17lber. I'm sure that fish will be on the cover next week if it is true though.

TD

Yeah, in a way I'm hoping it wasn't caught that way I know it's still in the lake for me to catch.

The WON newspaper this week had it as a 9 lb brown and then in their Whopper of the Week column in the same paper, they printed it as 14+ lb brown.

There was a mis-print somewhere...It would have been much bigger news if it was a 14+ lb brown.

i just got home from so said lake and there was a monster fish, or the lakes biggest fish on the board was caught while i was there on a nightcrawler and it was a 9lb 14 ounce "stocked " brown last year they did put in 2 18 lbers for a tournament that did not get checked in