Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zeke's better ... or PBait?

Default ssmitty and usmc ...

what is "rwb" and "chuncky cheese?" Sorry to be ignorant.
    How are you finding that the new Gulp compares to the old PBs? Does it matter if you use orginal PB (such as rainbow, yellow, etc) ... or is extra scent ... or Turbo ... or Chroma-Glow better?

And how do you use the power eggs?

Default IncredibleHuck ... I'm with you

I am going to try some plastic worms, little Rips and jigs, etc. I always troll some and toss a few lures. That IS the best action.

Does anyone prefer using plastic worms vs. mini-jigs vs. ???

Default Which scents do you like?

There are so many ... and have you tried most of them?

Thanks for the input. Have you found one Garlic works better that another ... and which (if any) garlics have you tried?

I have fond memories of fishing with Zekes. It always reminds me of my dad (RIP). But for catching fish, PW is the best sheeeet out there. Outfishes worms all the time.
    Need to consider where you are fishing., Bait and wait at the lake or tossing into a Sierra Stream. I dont do much lake fishing, so maybe the worm is effective there. I just dont care to use them.

My go to is salmon eggs (green lable)< then power bait. I will throw jigs and power worms. I dont care for Lipripperz (sorry sponsors). They dont seem to get the same action that the power worms has. Lipripperz seem to be more durable. I want fish, I dont really care about durablility.
    You need to throw whatever you have confidence in. If it is velveeta cheese, then toss it out there. Maybe you like corn covered in nitro gravy.

Last summer, 2007, word on the water was that they were hitting on salmon eggs. That was nice to know, but I didn't have any w/ me. I tied on a new treble hook in bright red. With nothing on it, I landed a fish in less than 2 minutes! This was quick enough so I didn't get hung up in the stream. The point to me is - when they're hitting, they're hitting!!

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    MUCH.

I'm totally new to the power eggs idea. Are you talking about using them on a single hook like a Pautzke's? Or are you talking about threading them up a worm hook and then using a NC / worm ... or a LipRip?

What happened to using Pautzke's? Anbody use the strawberry sundae (white marshmallow and Pautke's)?

What ever happend to using marshmallows, velveeta, Phoebes & SupDups? Now I'm showing my age.

Those lures still work great, especially in gold colors. Mostly super dupers in the smaller sizes are cranking out fish in the slower moving pools of streams. I'd say there are still quite a few using velveeta and marshmellows. Most of the Sierra Gold baits have the same consitancy as Velveeta when they hit the water. When it comes to the sierras keep it simple, and small, unless you're going for the big fish .. then it's time to bust out the CD 9 Husky Jerk

Default PB or Zekes Reply Or ?

That opinion depends on what decade you were born in: 1950's-Valveeta Cheese; 60's-Zeke's Floating Bait and if you were born in the 70's-Any new product Berkeley puts out!

Default I'm pre-Velveeta ... I remember a fellow sitting on the

big rock at Gull (at least I thought he was ... maybe he was next to the rock) ... and he was the only one doing anything and he was hammering them. Said he was using horse meat!

I come in with Atlas white salmon eggs or sometimes the red ones.

:rofl: Horse Meat

ZEKE'S bait sucks..I cannot get it to stay on the hook.:rofl::rofl:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast