Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zeke's better ... or PBait?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Zeke's better ... or PBait?

Which do you like better up in the Sierras ... particularly the Loop area? And which colors?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a million!

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    Which do you like better up in the Sierras ... particularly the Loop area? And which colors?

Thanks a million!

Personally up there in the Sierras I would try tossing some Lip Ripperz trout worms or minijigs. They will get some good sized fish up there, and it's always more enjoyable to catch fish on lures, then bait.

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post

Thanks a million!
    PB is better than Zeke's. Chartruese, Orange, Rainbow are probably the only colors you'd ever need to buy. The Berkley Gulp eggs are a very hot bait.

I think an inflated nightcrawler works better than dough bait about 90% of the time.

JMO

-smitty

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra_Smitty View Post
    PB is better than Zeke's. Chartruese, Orange, Rainbow are probably the only colors you'd ever need to buy. The Berkley Gulp eggs are a very hot bait.

I think an inflated nightcrawler works better than dough bait about 90% of the time.

JMO

-smitty
    agread,rwb,rainbow,red sherbert,chuncky cheese,charteruse,and white pb.

Zekes corn can be very effective as well

Alls i gotta say is, when it comes to fishing for trout with dough bait...my new favorite one is white powerbait, especially the Gulp! label

Inflated NC w/ Gulp egg on a Owner hook.... good luck

If they aren't biting nightcrawlers, they aren't biting. But, just in case, I would carry original yellow and rainbow PB, maybe garlic Zeke's.
    Wasn't Power Bait developed in the waters of the June Lake loop? If memory serves, it was heavily tested on Grant Lake.

Pretty much anything works up there to be honest.. you can spray it with garlic and it's all the same to the fish. I've found in the sierras color is more important than the brand...

Sierra Gold tends to stay soft in the cold sierra water.. Power Bait tends to get hard and this could be problematic with hooking the fish.. but if you use small amounts of bait (which you should) either way is fine. I've found that Salmon egg flavor power bait with garlic sauce/spray is "Da best" Also sierra gold in Yellow and orange tends to land quite a few fish. Personally, I set the girls in the group up with the PB combos while I fish the Thomas Bouyants..nothing is more efffective in the sierras than a Gold/Red Thomas Bouyant.

Default Wow ... great info ... THANKS VERY

MUCH.

I'm totally new to the power eggs idea. Are you talking about using them on a single hook like a Pautzke's? Or are you talking about threading them up a worm hook and then using a NC / worm ... or a LipRip?

What happened to using Pautzke's? Anbody use the strawberry sundae (white marshmallow and Pautke's)?

What ever happend to using marshmallows, velveeta, Phoebes & SupDups? Now I'm showing my age.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast