Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The highlight of my florida vacation

Cool video, thanks for reporting..

SCG7

That's cool! Thanks for sharing a part of your vacation. :mrgreen:

Cool vid Grannyfish!Glad you enjoyed a little bit of St. Augustine....you need to post up some pics! See ya'll around!

I apologize that I haven't had time to post up a decent report on the trip, but it has been so hard to catch up on work being off for 10 days. Especially with taxes being finished, Entreprenuer of the Year awards coming up and vacations of other staff members. I have been so busy catching up at work.

We had a great time on this trip and I have a ton of pictures that I'm sorting through and so many experiences that I'm trying to sort out; however, nothing brought more enjoyment to me on this trip than to see my daughter and her husband catch fish that night at Lake Underhill. That was so much fun! Seeing Mellisa smile and how excited she got about catching that fish... makes me so happy.

Update:
    I sent Mellisa a Pink Roddy, which she received yesterday.

The rod is all pink with led lights on the reel that light up when you reel in, and she was so excited to get it. Her and Tom (her husband) are going fishing this weekend at the Little Econolohackhee River, which is behind thier house. I'm hoping they catch something and send some pictures. ;)

This is my daughter who never took an interest in fishing.... this is reason to celebrate!

:banana::banana::banana:
    Last edited by Granny Fish; 05-07-2008 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Because I don't know how to spell...

I was looking for a reason to celebrate!;)

Knowing your child shares your same interests is very rewarding. I was sitting down with Lauren this evening having dinner and I mentioned we had not been fishing together in a couple of weeks and we needed to wet a line soon. Her response was just priceless....frustrated that had not fished recently she clenched her fists and looked towards the heavens and said "I cannot live without fishing!" My heart melted.

Talk to you soon,

TD

TD that comment is priceless! ;) Mellisa never really cared much about fishing when she was growing up, so it is especially meaningful to see her get so excited about getting a her own fishing rod.

Cool video there G-fish! That's pretty sweet that u guys caught a gator too! Did I miss the redfish tourney report??????

GM<> <

Hey Granny and Grandpa Fish,

:cool: to see you had a good time fishing and visiting Florida.

:cool: Mellisa has embraced fishing with her Husband. I always say " A Family the fishes together Says together." ;)

See you and Mike for some pool games very soon:D.

Troutman65
    Last edited by Troutman65; 05-12-2008 at 06:21 PM. Reason: I can not speell either

Cool.

Congrats to her.

Glad you had a great time GF.
    The speckled Trout are actually Spotted Weakfish and are extremely tasty.
    Got to catch a gator too....NOW THATS FLORIDA FISHING!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast