Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The highlight of my florida vacation

Default The highlight of my florida vacation

We had a blast in Florida with our oldest daughter and her husband. Mellisa was born into a fishing family that spent every vacation on roadtrips camping and fishing. Though she always enjoyed herself and always had fun carrying her fishing rod around, she never took much interest in fishing, and usually ate the velveta cheese before we could use it for bait.

In Orlando, we fished several city park lakes within 5 miles of Mellisa's house. Lake Underhill quickly became a favorite. City park lakes in Florida can be anything from a retention pond to a lake the size of Lake Perris. Lake Underhill is about the size of Irvine Lake and has a toll road overpass that divides it. There is a nice lanch ramp and the park is open till 11pm. Best of all it is public access... no admittance fee.

We caught 3 species of fish as well as turtles and a gator. Mellisa and her husband Tom seemed to really enjoy themselves. The highlight for me was watching Mellisa enjoy herself fishing. She had caught 4 bass before her husband baited up. More pictures to follow on a future report. This one stands on its own.

Nice video! I'm Glad that you guy's had a great time on your trip.

Tammy, did you eat it?...............................the gator, did you eat the gator?

What is the little yellow thing on the line above the lure/bait? A bobber?

Thanks for the videolog from Florida, it was totally cool. Got any more?

Lived in Jacksonville for two years. My wifes relatives lived 5 minutes from Underhill. Fun lake. There is so much "Bassy" water out there it's sick. Glad you had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    Tammy, did you eat it?...............................the gator, did you eat the gator?

What is the little yellow thing on the line above the lure/bait? A bobber?

Thanks for the videolog from Florida, it was totally cool. Got any more?
    Everything was carefully released to be caught another day except two bullhead catfish that we ate for a late snack that night. Tom & Mellisa never knew they could have so much fun fishing.

As for the yellow thing in the picture, that is a weighted bobber called a cajun thunder. They work really good for casting light lures or for fishing live bait without using a sinker. The market them for targeting redfish and speckled trout. It is said that the sound of the beads mimic the sound fo feeding shrimp or bait fish. The one in the picture is green but ours were yellow.

Thanks Grannyfish, I've never caught a redfish, but I have released pleanty of yellow speckled brown trout.

Sounds like you had loads of fun over there. Glad you had a good time. :D

I fished the O' Boy Oberto Redfish tour while I was out there. Those things are called Poppin Corks and slay the trout.

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    Thanks Grannyfish, I've never caught a redfish, but I have released pleanty of yellow speckled brown trout.

Sounds like you had loads of fun over there. Glad you had a good time. :D
    Speckled Sea Trout are not really related to trout, but they kind of look like one.

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Fish View Post
    Speckled Sea Trout are not really related to trout, but they kind of look like one.
    I bet you ghetto dad has caught both Speckled Trout AND Redfish.
    He lived in Florida for a while.

Welcome home....nice memory right there!

See you soon,

TD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast