Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a boat and the wife.

Default a boat and the wife.

All right guys. I finally broke down the wife to let me buy a boat. I have no clue about them and really don't have too much money to spend so i was looking at new boats from basspro err or i should say the wife and i were looking at the catalog. Anyways. She wants something for the family. So here is what she thinks I should get or something like it:

Any thoughts and/or advice would be appreciated.

I think you should adopt me, that is what I think!!!

That would be a nice playtoy for the group outings, although it would not make for a very efficient serious bass hunting conveyance. You will probably have lots of friends that will want to come along with you too. Tell them to buy the bass boat and you can take turns zooming off to find the bruisers hidden amongst the shoreline while the family chills and grills. Make sure to get a bar-b-que and XM radio.

Personally, I'd like to have both. :cool:

seems like more of a pleasure boat..like OL said, not a very hardcore fishing boat. i guess its in the middle between pleasure and fishing.

how big is that thing? 21..22 feet? drawback from towing a boat like that is how high it sits on the trailer..might be harder to tow? but def a nice cruiser.

Ya can't go wrong with a pontoon boat, but, get 1 big enough for about 12 people. I just sold a 27ft. pontoon with a 150 merc on it, it had a 17 person capacity....We did have fun on it though. Pontoons are slow things, even with a 150 hp merc it only went 30 mph...make sure if U buy a pontoon it has at least 100 hp or you won't be happy with it. I just bought a 21ft. Larson with a 250 hp merc I/O that cruises at 53 mph.
    Ask around for different opinions, then make up your mind.
    Good Luck,

SP70 :confused: :confused: :confused:

Novel44,
    You can't go wrong with a pontoon boat if you have a family. They are also a good fishing platform for all the kids and FRIENDS that you will aquier after buying one. I owned a 27ft. pontoon for several years, we fished off of it, pulled playtoys with it. Don't worry about towing it, mine towed the same as my 19ft cuddy........I towed mine with a F-150 V-6 pikemup.
    Make sure if you buy a pontoon you have an engine big enough to make you happy, they are slow things, mine had a 150hp. merc and did only 30 mph at top end.
    I just bought a 21ft. Larson with a 250 hp merc I/O, it crusises at 53mph with 10 people aboard.
    Good luck on your new boat.

SP70 :D :D :D

OMG 2 posts, thought the 1st one didn't go through..........:rofl: :rofl:

Start your boat search in your garage. Measure it. Nothing makes a boat grow old in a hurry like being out in the sun 24/7. Your garage should be about 21 or 22 feet deep. While looking for a boat, keep in mind the lenght from the prop to the hitch. For a fun family boat, think pontoon. Stay small on the motor, 40 to 50 horse. Gas is not getting cheaper and neither is insurance. You won't be picking up skiers but you can still fish or swim in the lakes and bays.

You know MY WIFE wants to buy me to buy a pontoon also. I dunno.. they look clunky and awkward to me.

Good luck and enjoy whatever you buy

MM

id aim towards a fish/ski boat

Thanks for the reply guys. I though about storage in the garage but i don't think anything I get is going to fit. The one in the pic is 21'. I was thinking of getting some type of cover in the front yard that i can park it under. Of course with the wife I'm limited to what I can get. I want a bass boat but have to keep the family happy too.
    we'll see making the drive to the bass pro shop on Sunday. (thank god for financing)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast