Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Critters You've Encountered While Fishing

Those are some good shots of the snakes i had a king snake for a while when i first bought him i put it in with the corn snake almost had him for lunch.lol

Bigred

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    What kind of camera did you use to take those photos PHISHnuts
    My very first and only digital camera, I believe it's a 2 megapixel Kodak easyshare camera. It's not the greatest but it gets the job done....I really want to invest in a better camera soon.

Your pics are really cool Sky, looks like you have been quite a few different places in your time.

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    A pheasant or turkey and Lake McClure
    That would be a wild turkey. ;)

I usually don't have time to get my camera without scaring off the wildlife, but I've seen some really cool animals and other things while fishing. As of late I seen a big sea turtle while deep sea fishing in Florida and some alligators while fishing fresh water there. One of the gators went for Granpa's line, but thankfully it was a long distance release, or we would be calling him the alligator hunter. ;)

There are really too many sitings to remember, but among some of the visitors at the water's edge are steer while fishing cow ponds in Arkansas, various birds of prey, deer, bear, snakes, frogs, some strange insects, turtles, lizards and while in Florida some really interesting tropical birds. Some of the others I remember are otters at Kern River and big horned sheep in Utah.
    Last edited by Granny Fish; 05-07-2008 at 01:29 PM.

i dont have any pix off hand but ive incountered a rattle snake while ninja fishing lake matthews, a deer swimming across lake perris!(yes the deer was in the middle of the lake between the island!) ive caught a sea lion while deep sea fishing (damn seal had my line peeling like crazy!) theres proly others but i cant think of any i post a pic of the deer though i have that one.

Great Blue Heron nesting on one of my ponds, There's usually about 7 who nest in the old dead trees in the water.

Rattlesnakes seem to be the most common animal to encounter, besides birds, turtles, and frogs. I was fishing at Hodges with a buddy, we're walking down a trail and......HELLO.....a big, fat rattler. That taught me to keep my head on a swivel.

Japo

hey sky where did you see this bear at? thats a awesome animal to see while fishing.

God Bless

basscatcher

Well here are a few of the things we see here in Nevada
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lake Mead 9-22-07 001.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	4480   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Utah Elk Hunt 2007 031.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	4481   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Utah Elk Hunt 2007 042.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	4482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dove hunts 2007 001.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	4483   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Utah Elk Hunt 2007 019.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	4484  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elk Hunt 2007 034.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	4485  

Default Silverwood Lake Critter

I didn't have a camera dang it, but we encountered a beaver at Silverwood a few weeks ago. He was cruising along the shoreline on the Miller Cyn end. I got close to him on the kayak and he gave me the famous "tail slap" and dove.

I've seen them up at Big Bear Lake, near Fawnskin but didn't know they were at Silverwood, too. Pretty cool.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast