Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Success 4-20-2008

Haha...If anything we can do a night trip on a full moon during the summer. Caught a lot of nice ones along the dam at night...

i have fished there many times over the years. some days bass on every 3-5 casts. (mostly dinks) then some days couldn't buy a bite. my go to spot was always at the bridge pylons and surrounding rocks on plastics. i was there late last summer and was shocked at the water level. it looked like the pond behind truxton lake. so if you were able to fish around the bridge the water has rose like 100ft (just a guess) any way a huge fluctuation no wounder the bite is slow. thanks for the report Dalean.

I have had some of my best LMB action since moving to Ca. in Success but I have also met the skunk there a few times. I like fishing top water in the tree areas. I have not tried my floatube there but with it I should be able to slay. The rumor I heard is that they were going to drain the lake this summer but I have been told that they are now allowing the water to come up and they are going to postpone the draining until Isabella dam is fixed. Has anyone got more information on this?

Quote Originally Posted by BakoBassin View Post
    This was nearly a 15 pound limit I caught this time of year, 4 years ago at Success...from my float tube. All the fish are mine. I culled and caught some smaller that day.

hey, I know that dude! Far left hand side--------BJ Welley.............right?

Miguel

Success is a solid lake, just inconsistent. I have a good friend in Bakersfield who fishes it and Isabella mostly. Its got a better fish average weight and size than most lakes. This year a tourney team had 35lb. limit for five fish in one of the big tournies up there. That's a 7lb average. One of the best lakes in Clai when the bite is on.

Quote Originally Posted by migfrias View Post
    hey, I know that dude! Far left hand side--------BJ Welley.............right?

Miguel
    Yep...Haven't talked to him in quite a while though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12