Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Success 4-20-2008

Default Lake Success 4-20-2008

The Lakeshow and I went to Lake Suckfest. Got on the water about 6:30AM or so. Started off by the trees(east end)for no love. We then moved to the Highway Bridge that goes over the lake I got a taker on my Rattle Trap small dinker though so no picture and threw him back. We then tried the dam for no love and then the vista point area for no love off of the water by 12:15 PM.There was a Tourney going on Sunday and was wondering if any one knew the fish counts? I was also read the Riot Act by the Lakeshow for being the only one on the Rajun Cajun to bring a fish aboard something about the rule # 2 Catch more fish than the captian you have to swim back or something?? I still hate this lake, Lake Success my *****. Anyway still better than doing yard work or cleaning the house!!! Thanks T- Rose
    Last edited by dalean08; 04-21-2008 at 12:51 PM.

better luck next time bro,,,,,,,,and i agree THAT LAKE SUCKS,,,,,,whats worse is that its the only lake around close that lets you boat all night!!! CONGRATS on beating the skunk!!!!

Well better luck next time!

i hate that lake to... they should change the name to LAKE NO SUCCESS
    :evil::evil::2guns::censored:

I've had more good days than bad there. It's real stingy this time of year. Especially with the up and down weater and water levels.

Maybe some day I'll show you guys where and how ;)

there's a spot that always produces around 11 or 12 when the weather's cooler. I'm not even sure if it's in the water now though.

gotta second what Bako said, used to go alot and did well on LMB and Crappie
    don't have a scanner or i would post some pics from before my digital cam.
    Bako, i can think of 2 spots, 1 of them i'm sure is where your talking about.
    Good fishing to you Guys :beer: "COME ON"

You can also fish all night in a boat at Lake Kaweah.

This was nearly a 15 pound limit I caught this time of year, 4 years ago at Success...from my float tube. All the fish are mine. I culled and caught some smaller that day.

For starters, I live in porterville, which is right by lake success. The major problem for success is the fluctuating water levels. Last summer there was a major fish die off. It was really bad. It was stated as one of the worse the DFG has ever seen. They're supposed to be fixing the dam, but there has been many delays. Success can have its good days, but you have to fish it at the right time. Supposedly the fluctuating water levels and inconsistent weather hasn't allowed the bass to move shallow. When they do it can be a pretty amazing bite on any type of soft plastic.

BAKO your alive thought I would never hear from you again!! well Bako I will buy the DD Orange Juice and Gin and then you will have to show me where the spot is!!!!! ;) ;)
    Last edited by dalean08; 04-23-2008 at 07:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast