Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Biggest Fish Caught?

Best fish on the fly:
    23-25" brown (no camera and no measuring tape, rough estimate), about 8lbs.
    Little Truckee River, CA
    Middle of August 2006
    #22 Baetis nymph on 6X tippet

Hooked into a bow earlier that day that was easily over 10, possibly 12lbs.

I've hooked and lost larger fish on the East side, and one fish that snapped brand new 3x flourocarbon tippet on the hit on the Upper O. I'm still hunting him to this day

I think this might have been my PB brown out of the lower Owens just outside bishop. Small for you sierra guys but big for me after fishing the creeks around here. Fought like crazy too from growing in the quick river!
    Also lost what would have been my PB rainbow trout on a rapala, estimated to be about 3lbs or so in the river. The thing was thrashing all over and eventually got away!

[QUOTE=tacklejunkie;204605]I think this might have been my PB brown out of the lower Owens just outside bishop. Small for you sierra guys but big for me after fishing the creeks around here. Fought like crazy too from growing in the quick river!
    Also lost what would have been my PB rainbow trout on a rapala, estimated to be about 3lbs or so in the river. The thing was thrashing all over and eventually got away!

Nice fish man!

3-4 lb alpers out of South Fork Bishop creek in 02'-real salmon egg...brought back from a trip in ALASKA the same summer. This fish has a story. I was walking the creek after just arriving to the campsite. I waded into this little pool to get arround some of those damn willows and this big ol' fish scared me when he swam between my legs. I ended up falling on my bum getting on wet and walked back to camp. I went back and told my pops that fish had a vendetta...caught him later that evening just before sundown at the same spot. Then I ate his *ss the next night.

2+ lbs brown out of South Fork Bishop Creek at one of the Culverts-nightcrawler

4+ lbs planted bow out of the far inlet at Sabrina in 07'-Thomas Bouyant-we had to walk back with a full stringer for three fisherman with x4 large fish...was not a pleasant hike back.

Lake,Stream,Location: South Lake, cove in back where stream comes in
    Fish: Rainbow
    Weight: 6 3/4 lbs
    Lure/Bait?: Light grey mini jig
    Time of Day: morning, between 8-11. It was a while ago, can't recall exact time.

Great novel Levi, :)
    Last edited by FishPrincipal; 07-02-2008 at 11:26 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567