Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What The Hell!!!

Bison, are you from S. CA? People to lake ratio must make fishing "harder" down there imo.

Imo us common folk is the central valley tend to eat what we catch. It's not the law abiding fisher that takes or releases his catch that hurts population, but poachers.

Would you throw that rock into the water if the fisher was with kids? Trying to catch dinner? Seems over the top and could get people hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandBoi View Post
    I thought Bass were not good eating? I thought they were just a C & R fish .... that sucks .... and people always ask why our lakes out here aren't as good as the lakes back east and the mid west
    Bass are GOOD eating actually. My grandfather used to take 2 if we got them while fishing. Always 2 then threw the rest back, I dont know why. Anyway, that was 18 years ago, and fishing morals have changed since then. I havent kept a bass to eat since I was 11 years old, because I figured out that if I wanted to catch them again, they had to go back. Its a personal choice.

But, others who stay within their size limit and daily bag, I dont have a problem with. I respectfully tell them how I feel, and why I feel that way. Some throw the fish back, other dont. What else can you do without being an *******?

But, you mention the lakes back east and midwest being better than our lakes. Fact is, most people in the midwest, and southern east coast keep EVERYTHING they catch, and eat it. You get a guy from the south out here and he sees you throw a bass back in the lake he will be confused and probably upset by it. Its not the norm to C&R out there, but more like an exception to the rule. Its just the population is more sparse, and the waters are larger.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison View Post
    That is the most ignorant post I have ever read. Ignorance is defined by lack of knowledge. A spawning female fish (of any species) that is pulled of her bed and not released is unethical period! And if you don't agree with that then it will be more likley than not that the children after us will not have the oportunity to experience the quality of fishing we have today. I can see your point of view but ask you to open your mind and see the big picture. Just becuase something is legal, doesn't make it right. Now for my personal opinion... If I see a guy catch a double digit bass, full of eggs off her bed and kill her, the rock I throw will not be over his head but would be in his ear! It is up to us to preserve and protect our sport that we love for our children!
    This is pretty sad. Your trying to put somebody in the hospital so you can save some bass for your kids.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234