Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What The Hell!!!

Default What The Hell!!!

I Went On Line ,to Check The Reports On The Fresno Bee Site. The Lastest Fishing Report, Dated Arpril 9th(my 55th Birthday Last Wed). I See The Most Unbelievable Thing. This Guy Holding A 9lb Female Bass In Front Of His House, As Proud As Can Be. Im Glad He Doesnt Live Down Here. The Sad Thing Is, He Probubly Caught With A Live Crawdad, Not Knowing Any Other Way ,to Catch Bass. My Son Who Lives In Clovis ,told Me The Rookie Bass Eaters Come Out ,to Feast On The Female Population Every Year At This Time ,during The Spawn .using Live Crawdads. Enough Of My Wining. What Are You Going To Do. I Hope I Catch One ,that Size, When I Go Up To Your Area Sun. Thru Wed.to Visit The Kids, And Yes Its Catch ,and Release Only With A Picture To Remember The Moment. Peace Out,and God Bless ...mike The Pmb....

Like You Said What Are You Going To Do? Some People Don't Know Any Better, They Think As Long As They Have A License (hopefully They Do) They Can Harvest Any Fish They Can.

Millerton has different regs for fish than most places.

You can take ANY size LMB as long as it isn't between 13-15 inches I believe. The lake isn't stalked with fry, just all natural! Plus the Stripers can get big also, lake record is over 50lbs!!!

Have fun!!!!

If it was from Pine Flat, I hope it wasn't a spot. Major brood stock there.

Default dead bass..

thats a major bummer dude..

People don't know man, it sucks but it's true. One time I was reeling in a Rainbow at BBL and this dude asked if it was a catfish:confused:

just looked at it and it said he caught it at bass lake

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/outd...512078-p2.html

I thought Bass were not good eating? I thought they were just a C & R fish .... that sucks .... and people always ask why our lakes out here aren't as good as the lakes back east and the mid west

Slartibartfast Guest

Default LMB elitists vs. Carp eaters showdown

Some ppl fish to catch food and not just a thrill. LMB elitists are always whining about ppl who keep a fish because they 'feel' that it is taking away from their thrill and so they make moralist arguments againsts keeping bass.
    Consider this, the person who fishes for food will likely catch a few then take them home. If you're the type who believes in god, well then it's the way god would have intended. The SPORT fisher keeps on fishing as his thrill of the hunt is practically insatiable; he disturbs many more nests, leaves much more pollution, and I believe is more to blame for thinning LMB populations than the few who actually fish for food. I am a sport fisher myself and would never keep a LMB especially a preggo one (or anything besides fresh stocked trout), but I also accept that some are not fishermen merely for sport, they would love to eat a fat bass that is filled with roe. Some aruge that bass are not good eating...can you be more subjective? And if you've ever actually tried to eat LMB and didn't like it, can you please be more fascist? Most would agree that carp are not good eating yet nobody complains when ppl keep them, even sport-carp fishers. Well, carp populations are probably not thinning like the LMBs are yet ppl keep them way more frequently, so that would point to a carp's resiliency in a changing, more polluted environment being a reason why they are doing fine.

Our environmental balance is going down the toilet fast due to 'progress' but you are an elitist, conditioned not to attack systems but only individuals.
    They offer a scapegoat and you will hang it, and in essence THAT is why LMB populations are on the down.

Quote Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
    Some ppl fish to catch food and not just a thrill. LMB elitists are always whining about ppl who keep a fish because they 'feel' that it is taking away from their thrill and so they make moralist arguments againsts keeping bass.
    Consider this, the person who fishes for food will likely catch a few then take them home. If you're the type who believes in god, well then it's the way god would have intended. The SPORT fisher keeps on fishing as his thrill of the hunt is practically insatiable; he disturbs many more nests, leaves much more pollution, and I believe is more to blame for thinning LMB populations than the few who actually fish for food. I am a sport fisher myself and would never keep a LMB especially a preggo one (or anything besides fresh stocked trout), but I also accept that some are not fishermen merely for sport, they would love to eat a fat bass that is filled with roe. Some aruge that bass are not good eating...can you be more subjective? And if you've ever actually tried to eat LMB and didn't like it, can you please be more fascist? Most would agree that carp are not good eating yet nobody complains when ppl keep them, even sport-carp fishers. Well, carp populations are probably not thinning like the LMBs are yet ppl keep them way more frequently, so that would point to a carp's resiliency in a changing, more polluted environment being a reason why they are doing fine.

Our environmental balance is going down the toilet fast due to 'progress' but you are an elitist, conditioned not to attack systems but only individuals.
    They offer a scapegoat and you will hang it, and in essence THAT is why LMB populations are on the down.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/t...ory?id=3338834

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast