Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to load full size photos to FNN using PhotoBucket.Com

Anybody see a place to copy similar code from the Kodak Gallery. I don't see one, but I though I would throw it out there and see if someone else worked through it.

Mojave River Angler

[img]http://www.kodakgallery.com/imaging-site/services/doc/5375:111355009211/jpeg/SM

Well, lets just try something here.

The above link was copied from the image properties in the Kodak Gallery and then I added the [img] at the beginning.

Nope, that doesn't work. The link only goes to the thumbnail shown in the gallery instead of the photo. Hmmm. I guess they just don't pony up the location of the photo. I guess I could just dump the kodak gallery and jump over to photobucket.

Now I've discovered that I can open the photo and steal this link from the properties.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/imaging-...009211/jpeg/BG

So the only difference is the tag SM or BG I assume to mean SM (small) and BG (big). However, adding the [img] is not creating a complete link for automatic navigation or it is blocked.

Somone who knows a little HTML help me over the hump here.

Mojave River Angler

Update:

That is what I get when I use brackets and the closing slash as NH suggested below.
    Last edited by Mojave River Angler; 04-13-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Try adding a [/img] at the end?????????? Keeping the same code at front....

Thats the code Photobucket and many sites use to display......
    Cant put them in, it tries to show a pic... LOL

Thanks. That's a lot better than posting the link to Photobucket. Plus, when I tried to upload the photo I wanted to post to FNN, the file size was too large. This gets you around that problem.
    Cool beans !

thanks worked great

7. Default

I think is not to late to say huge thank you for detail organize tutor
    two thumb up for you

Great howto! I just wanted to mention that if you have a Gmail email account you would also have a free picasa account which does the same as photobucket. Also there is a app called picasa that you can run on your local machine to process pictures and upload them directly to the web album on picasa website. Just another option for guys out there that want to post pictures on the FNN

I would like to also add that if you are using the "free" photobucket service, use 640x480 or less as your picture size. I exceeded my bandwith on my free account by using 800x600 sized pics and I had only just started uploading bigger sized pics to photobucket a couple weeks ago. Now, I either have to pay for the pro service or go back to 640x480 sized pics. Never had this issue when using only 640x480.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123