Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eastern sierras Question

Default eastern sierras Question

i want to go fishing up there and i wanted to ask is it worth taking my bass boat for the lakes or is it better to fish from shore. if its better from shore then i want to take my camping trailer

Default Easterns

Ya it is better fishing from shore because you get more action.
    Well with my experiences Shores is the best for me. I got limits in 15 minutes. For example Sabrina lake, last year I got my limit in 15 minutes. I went to there outlet(need a boat to go to the inlet, so we rent one) , and the fish hit everything. However, my dad is a boat person, he catches the trout on boat like no tommorw.
    from My personal experience a boat with do u no good. Every one fishes from the shores. If you are really desperate for a boat you always can rent it. If you want to go to a lake like Crowley you need a boat for sure.
    I haven't yet caught a lunker trout from the ES, and I have been going there for 5 years. Hopefully this year with more info i can score the lunker limit.

Fishrookie. I have yet to have a good fishing experience in the Sierras since I have only been there once and didn't know jack when I went. Now that I've learned a little more I plan to make a few more runs on the Sierras and hopefully I'll have some more success. As far as your boat goes, alot of people like to troll up there in certain lakes so if you're into that and your boat is rigged up for that, then I definately think it's worth taking it. There are many lakes that are big enough for your boat and many that are not and some that don't allow them. I don't know the specifics on that but some people that might would be TroutOnly, FearNoTrout, or Sierra Smitty.

thanks for the info guys. i think i will leave the boat and take my camping trailer.

Default reply

FR , taking your camping trailer early in the season would be wise even thou its not as cold as normaly would be this time of year . not knowing the launch ramp setups of each different lakes in the region and where you really want to fish , just fish from shore at the different lks. over the next year or so and look for reports of that lk. and check out the lnch. rmps. also so you know the skinny on getting in and out . Convict lk. can be tricky on a busy day as other sierra lk. ramps are narrow and short . good luck // db

Default Re: eastern sierras Question

Quote Originally Posted by fishrookie
    i want to go fishing up there and i wanted to ask is it worth taking my bass boat for the lakes or is it better to fish from shore. if its better from shore then i want to take my camping trailer
    i want to hit up that area to this summer :D

are they all good lakes to camp and fish at or is there some that are the choice ones to go to?

I usually take my boat, and rent a condo! Shore fishing is definitely fun and productive, however I usually do better in my boat.

The June Loop Area is nice. Lakes , streams, a little bit of everything. I camped at Grant lake. It was nice. My Brother and I did rent a boat at the lake. I caught a nice brownie their.

Quote Originally Posted by fishrookie
    are they all good lakes to camp and fish at or is there some that are the choice ones to go to?
    In all honesty, they all are nice. Some of my favorites is Gull Lake (in June Lake Loop), Rock Creek Lake, Virgina Lake, and the Upper Twin Lakes. Crowley is good fishing, but it is a pretty barren. . . and in my opinion. . . kind of ugly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast