Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pleasant Valley Resevoir

1. Default

Went last weekend on the 11th - 15th. was horrible! everyone was complaining how bad it was.

Default PVR on 4/11 & 4/12

There were about 7 of us on the Res the two days and we really struggled on 4/11. I think we fished from the boat ramp south to almost the dam with only 4 fish caught all day. 4/12 was a little better but with only limited fish caught. Some of us in tubes did okay in specific holes, getting bites most of the day, but nothing of size and no volume of fish really at all.

Tough tough fishing at the Res that weekend. Fast change in temp outside and the flux-ing of the water levels were not a help. The river was also just about un-fishable those days as the flows out of PVR were at 400CFS. BTW, only worms and powerbait were getting fish in the res, we had absolutley ZERO luck on artificials either day.

Default 4-18-08

i fished PVR today...with some great new friends.

started at 7am walked about 3/4 of the way in...past the tree i think....fished for 2 hours mothing...long fricken walk for a big guy...

we walked all the way back to the dam and my new homie Perry picked this monster off...digi scale said 5lbs 13 ozs...first time ive meet Perry very nice guy shared his bottle of tequillia and got us to bishop in 3 and a half hours...

next when drove to the power plant to get in some creek fishing...we got there all looked good, Perry got a nice 1 lber...than they released water into the creek...water raised about a foot everywhere and was rushing to fast...brought sediment all the way to PVR and made the water cloudy...so we left...

Perry - 2
    mike - 0
    dane - 0
    joe - 0

we gonna get them tomorrow and sunday...talking right now about where we are gonna go.

both of Perry's fish were caught on crawlers...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	perry resized.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	2436  
    Last edited by big_mike_70; 04-18-2008 at 08:41 PM.

4. Default

nice fish ! good luck guys. I know about the long walk for a big guy thing. Plus I have to have my cooler of beer. We bought a nice pull cart from a hardware store on upper line st. Life Saver let me tell you.

I recommend a mountain bike and small tackle box and a backpack if you're going to fish PVR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12