Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pleasant Valley Resevoir

Default Pleasant Valley Resevoir

Does Anyone Know How The Fishing Is Or How The Water Level Is Im Planning On Going Up There Next Friday.

there was the blake jones fishing derby last week so im guessing it might be a little fished out and from what I heard the water is noticeably low.

I was up there 2 weeks ago and PVR is low, some locals said its the lowest they have ever seen..

just went up there a day ago, and it is pretty low, but the fishing is awesome. I would suggest fishing from the dam w/ pb. All day it was non stop action for me and everyone else fishing from the dam.

Default Pvl

fished there Sunday, Tuesday and Weds., All days I parked in the north end. Walked in
    Sunday - fished from 1 to 4 for 8 trout for 2 people

Tuesday fished from 2 to 5 and caught 35 fish..( 1 Person).......WFO..Stupid

Weds Fished From 10 to 2 ( 4 kids 2 adults) 45 plus fish .......Pretty wide open didn't fish
    real hard, had a bite almost every cast.

Bait - fish night crawlers Sunday, 2 on lures

other days all on lures ..............no bait

almost all fish released except a few for dinner each day.

Great Weather.

Kevin
    Last edited by kpk; 03-27-2008 at 05:28 PM.

Week or 2 following Blake Jones is normally real good, certainly not fished out! Some of my best days float tubing have been following that tournament on Brood stock and Alpers.

They lower the water to adjust for anticipated run off from the upcoming snow melt.

thanks seal and badfish for the reassurance...kpk congrats on the fish counts, iim hoping my group does as well this weekend.

was getting alittle scared with all the talk of water being low and being fished out cause of the tournament...

did have two questions...

are night crawlers a must ?

what about liter lenght with the low water levels ?

Quote Originally Posted by big_mike_70 View Post
    thanks seal and badfish for the reassurance...kpk congrats on the fish counts, iim hoping my group does as well this weekend.

was getting alittle scared with all the talk of water being low and being fished out cause of the tournament...

did have two questions...

are night crawlers a must ?

what about liter lenght with the low water levels ?
    i went a couple weeks ago and didn't soak bait at all. used all lures and jigs and did fine.

I tear it up at PVR on Red/Gold Thomas Bouyants. I fish at the Dam in the AM near the wall were the water spills out. Fish deep, and slow. You'll feel a HUGE tug on your line like you're stuck. If you fish there late, with lures you'll have a shot at the 20lb+ browns that lurk there. Water levels should begin rising by mid late may. Also try the Owens right below the dam, I mean right below the damn where the water is first coming out. Right at sunset there the browns in the river go nuts, use Panther Martins in the rainbow trout pattern or Copper/Red blade. You'll hook up for sure
    Last edited by Badfish2; 04-13-2008 at 03:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast