Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: owens

Default owens

anyone got info on the fire at the owens....how bad etc......i heard it burnt all the brush to 5 bridges..does that include the brush rite on the river...thanks

According to the Inyo Register article I read a few days ago the fire burned about 1000 acres. It burned most of the vegetation in the wild trout area on both sides of the river. I'm sure the vegetation will grow back quickly, if you look at how the vegetation grew back in the fire started near Line St. a few years ago.

I feel sorry for the fishermen that were the cause of the fire and admitted that they were the cause due to carelessness as the County/State will sue them in civil court for the firefighting cost, sadly they will lose and will be responsible for hundreds of thousands of dollars in cost.

There have been numerous cases recently where persons that were the cause of fires due to carelessness were held responsible for the cost of fighting the fire. Some of these cases have amounted to millions of dollars.