Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: "Backpack" straps

Default "Backpack" straps

Does anyone know if you can get some kind of straps that will fit a Caddis Nevada Gold so I can put my 'tube on my back like a backpack so I can ride my bike and carry my gear? I've seen guys doing this so there must be a way...?

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Does anyone know if you can get some kind of straps that will fit a Caddis Nevada Gold so I can put my 'tube on my back like a backpack so I can ride my bike and carry my gear? I've seen guys doing this so there must be a way...?

hey now fm, try Adventure 16 .... they have it all when it comes to backpacking.

i'd take the tube with me to the store, if they don't have something on the shelf, they can make it for you .... all kinds of straps, buckles ........ etc.

GOOD LUCK

Z

FISH ON !

Check that Nevada Gold for D rings on bottom..

I dont think it is set up for backpack straps??? Had one, but it was a long time ago???

You may have to do some rigging to get it done.. But anything is possible where there is a need....

Some Sport Chalets have webbing "on tap", meaning you can just tell them how long you want the webbing and they will cut it for you. They sell hooks and adjustments to along with your webbing, so really you could make your own sleeping bag straps or in this case *wink* float tube straps. I have been wanting to get some for my Fishcat but do not want to pay twenty-five dollars, so I have been thinking buying about some straps at my local tackle shop made by creek company at half the price...

Just got back from Turner's and saw these for about twelve dollars. It's made by Caddis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tubaccess_strap.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	1487  

i got these 4 foot long synch straps from the camping section at walmart for 2 bucks each. I put them through the bottom of my fishcat and it works fine. I cross them in front of my chest cause they slip off too wide otherwise. hope this helps. The straps they had at turners were 15 bucks I think and putting together something kinda similar would have been at least ten at sports chalet. The only plus side was that those straps were wider so maybe it'd be more comfortable. good luck!

Bob Marriots has some for $17 or for $35

i bought some straps from sports chalet for like $4 a pair. in the camping section if i remember correctly. they work perfectly on my fc4.

My wife has a closet full of old tote bag and overnight bag that all have shoulder straps. I just plucked two and hook them up to the d rings on my fishcat... No problems. carried it that way all around PVR for the past couple years. Save the $20.00 for gas, just look around the house, you'll be surprised how many shoulder straps you alread have.