Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Tahoe could turn murky green within a decade

Here's an article from The American Institute of Physics you should read.
    http://www.aip.org/pnu/2003/split/642-2.html
    This is an article about research which confirms the relationship of solar activity and Global warming.

Here is more information ( since it was suggested that one should list sources). My contention is not that global warming is fake but that man's contribution to it is minimal. As a matter of fact there are many in the scientific community that believe that the warming trend will reverse itself in the next couple of years and that in fact we are headed for global cooling.
    Remember, there was a time that the scientific communty held supersonic flight as an impossibility. So are we to believe it when 1/3 of the scientific community tells us that global warming has been caused by increases in CO2 as the result of man's activities.
    Also remember that these scientists will no longer receive thier Billions of dollars in government grant monies if thier theory is disproved. This would seem to me to be a huge incentive to scoff at those of us who hold to the theories that global warming is natural.
    By the way, the researchers who look into natural causes for these phenomenon DO NOT recieve ANY money from big oil companies like the CO2=Global Warming crowd would like you to believe.

*Solar Flare Intermittency and the Earth’s Temperature Anomalies

Nicola Scafetta1,2 and Bruce J. West1,2,3
    1Pratt School EE Department, Duke University, P.O. Box 90291, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
    2Physics Department, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
    3Mathematics Division, Army Research Office, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA

Received 6 March 2003; published 17 June 2003

We argue that Earth’s short-term temperature anomalies and the solar flare intermittency are linked. The analysis is based upon the study of the scaling of both the spreading and the entropy of the diffusion generated by the fluctuations of the temperature time series. The joint use of these two methods evidences the presence of a Lévy component in the temporal persistence of the temperature data sets that corresponds to the one that would be induced by the solar flare intermittency. The mean monthly temperature data sets cover the period from 1856 to 2002.

©2003 The American Physical Society

Just as txcyrry says there are many plaes you can get stuff out for sources.

As AL Gore says there is global warming and all of the glaciers are retreating, then why is it that in other areas of the world, glaciers are advancing? Why has Mt. Kilimanjaro been getting colder each and every year?

Go read "Fear" by Michael Chriciton and that may enlighten to you about global warming.

I think that the recent contaminated beef recall will turn out to be a good thing.

They disposed of those herds and criminal actions were taken against the owner of the ranch.

All those cows farting methane were contributing to global warming for sure.

It already smells a lot better out there. :cool:

I heard that sheep dung smells a lot worse than the cow crap. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by spartafish View Post
    im as conservative as they come, but i am also an environmental studies major about to graduate. and the comment above is the exact kind of comment that makes narrow-minded- neo-conservative-christian-righted whack jobs sound like the arrogant *** holes that they are.
    deleted by me
    Last edited by fishtales; 04-06-2008 at 07:57 PM. Reason: got a little carried away, off-topic, but not by far

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHuck View Post
    Just as txcyrry says there are many plaes you can get stuff out for sources.

As AL Gore says there is global warming and all of the glaciers are retreating, then why is it that in other areas of the world, glaciers are advancing? Why has Mt. Kilimanjaro been getting colder each and every year?

Go read "Fear" by Michael Chriciton and that may enlighten to you about global warming.
    did you really just use a fiction writer to support your argument? c'mon, this is rediculous. i know "Fear" which is actually "State of Fear" (i guess you didnt read the cover), sites its sources and everything, but it does in regards to what its about: ecoterrorism. and i dont think anyone is ready to support or defend ecoterrorism. so i just dont understand what this book has to do with global climate change.

and its funny how the American Association of PETROLEUM Geologists awarded Chrichton their journalism award for this STORY.
    Last edited by spartafish; 04-01-2008 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by txcurry View Post
    Here's an article from The American Institute of Physics you should read.
    http://www.aip.org/pnu/2003/split/642-2.html
    This is an article about research which confirms the relationship of solar activity and Global warming.
    This research confirms the relationship of solar activity and global warming? NO, it seems you have confirmed this. the article says many times that it SUGGESTS a relationship. nowhere does it claim that it confirms or proves anything.

however, it has been proven that CFCs, methane, hydrocarbons and the such do actually decrease ozone where ozone is needed and increase ozone where ozone is bad.

and again, your "evidence" isnt anything. this is a summary of someones research. peer reviewed article? havent seen it.

explain to me why every single UN scientist claims an anthropocentric acceleration of global climate change. what do these UN scientist have to gain from encouraging alternative fuel sources, recycling and abatement? nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by spartafish View Post

explain to me why every single UN scientist claims an anthropocentric acceleration of global climate change. what do these UN scientist have to gain from encouraging alternative fuel sources, recycling and abatement? nothing.
    well said spartafish

why don't we just argue about abortion and the death penalty while we are at it! let's throw in the war in iraq as well. hey what about using the bomb in japan or maybe question the existance of a greater being or the possibility of extra terrestrials! sounds like fun to me!

Thank God Al Gore created the internet so we could argue about this online!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast