Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Tahoe could turn murky green within a decade

Default Lake Tahoe could turn murky green within a decade

Lake Tahoe

info outdated
    Last edited by sky; 04-14-2024 at 04:57 AM.

Sounds Like somebody has been listening to Al Gore !! The Earth Has a Feaver.. Idiots !!
    The Earth goes through a cycle just like everything else. Take it easy.. If you do your homework you will find the earths temp is lower now than it was 100 years ago.

Haven't been up there since the 80's and I miss the place a lot.

I have to make a trip up there before it turns into pea soup.

Time for some Mackinaw trolling me thinks:rolleyes:

ONE_LEG

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    Sounds Like somebody has been listening to Al Gore !! The Earth Has a Feaver.. Idiots !!
    The Earth goes through a cycle just like everything else. Take it easy.. If you do your homework you will find the earths temp is lower now than it was 100 years ago.

actually this summer is going to change the last 100 years and this is going to be the hottest since 1908. Info came from the farmers almanac. Not sure if i believe in global warming but i am taking all precautions not to addd to the pollution.

im as conservative as they come, but i am also an environmental studies major about to graduate. and the comment above is the exact kind of comment that makes narrow-minded- neo-conservative-christian-righted whack jobs sound like the arrogant *** holes that they are. to deny anthropocentric acceleration of the warming of the earth's environment is as filled with denial as anything.

sure, the earth has gone though cycles for millions of years. but it has done so naturally, on its own. not with the help of humans. biosystems have been allowed the appropriate time to migrate with the naturally occuring climate change in the past; however, today, this change is accelerated due to our doing and biosystems cant keep up with it. drive through the LA basin and ask me if thats natural.

and your bullshit about your scientific research telling us that global warming is fake...sight your sources. just because a news article says something, doesnt make it true...the news can say anything.

soooooooo, as you continue to think theres nothing wrong with the earth and the course it is taking, you remember your opinion now when gas is $10 a gallon, there are no more beaches to go surf fishing, lake tahoe is filled with algae and even more of our rivers are dried up.

I just gassed up the hummer and now its off to the forest we go.. Gona ride my two stroke
    motorcycle and rip up some trails!! Bite me sierra Clubbers..

Quote Originally Posted by spartafish View Post
    im as conservative as they come, but i am also an environmental studies major about to graduate. and the comment above is the exact kind of comment that makes narrow-minded- neo-conservative-christian-righted whack jobs sound like the arrogant *** holes that they are. to deny anthropocentric acceleration of the warming of the earth's environment is as filled with denial as anything.

sure, the earth has gone though cycles for millions of years. but it has done so naturally, on its own. not with the help of humans. biosystems have been allowed the appropriate time to migrate with the naturally occuring climate change in the past; however, today, this change is accelerated due to our doing and biosystems cant keep up with it. drive through the LA basin and ask me if thats natural.

and your bullshit about your scientific research telling us that global warming is fake...sight your sources. just because a news article says something, doesnt make it true...the news can say anything.

soooooooo, as you continue to think theres nothing wrong with the earth and the course it is taking, you remember your opinion now when gas is $10 a gallon, there are no more beaches to go surf fishing, lake tahoe is filled with algae and even more of our rivers are dried up.
    well said, unfortunately it seems that the overwhelming majority of people would rather play dumb and just hope that all the smart people aren't right.

I just gassed up the hummer and now its off to the forest we go.. Gona ride my two stroke
    only if you knew what the sierra club has done for trout and salmon water throughout the country. along with trout unlimited, these organizations have preserved and protected many of the few remaining healthy fisheries in this country. so while these memebers of the sierra club and other organizations are fishing pristine waters that they worked hard to protect, you can enjoy yourself on the LA river.

and who you kidding? you probably couldn't afford the wheels that go on a hummer. and if you could, then thats good for you. spend some of your money and go get edumacated.

Quote Originally Posted by spartafish View Post
    narrow-minded- neo-conservative-christian-righted whack jobs sound like the arrogant *** holes that they are.
    This kind of rhetoric is exactly the kind of response expected from a radical progressive. It is an attempt at discounting any other view than ones own by disparaging the messenger.

There is evidence that the warming present for the last ten years is a result of solar activity. This activity creates solar winds which block cosmic radiation. Cosmic radiation is a large contributor to cloud formation. Clouds are the main factor in the regulation of surface temperatures.
    This warming of the surface temps has increased the release of CO2 from the oceans. Oceans are less able to retain their CO2 when warm. Therefore, CO2 is a result and NOT the cause of global warming.
    This is only one part of the equation.
    I suggest you look at the research on the other side of this issue. Try Michael Coffman PHD.'s DVD "Global Warming or Global Governance?" to start. There is a lot of convincing evidence on the other side. To resort to epithets is not conducive to reasonable discussion on this issue.

that's why i choose to drive my cobalt and downsized to the 15 horsepower and walk when i can. I'll help do your share!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast