Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Pond

We used to have a pond on our property when we were living in Virginia. I miss those days! :) That's where we all learned how to fish.

I just got back from fishing the pond where the pic was taken. I managed to land one about twice as big as the one in the pic. I also hooked a big snapping turtle. They are mean suckers and I'm glad I didn't have to contend with it as the fly pulled out.

That's awesome man, you're living many a fisherman's dreams right there.

Quote Originally Posted by txcurry View Post
    It is my pond because it is on my property, one of five. Here in Texas we build "ponds" for the cattle, then we stock them with fish; cats, sunfish, bass, whatever we choose. No, I don't claim rights to God's work, but I have been assigned as a steward of His (read it in the Bible).As such I claim responsibility for the ponds on my property so I claim the right to call them mine.
    Just pullin your chain :thumb:

killa

5 ponds, you should have 1 bass, 1 catfish, 1 trout, 1 sunfish, and one mixed with only hogs.

Default Excellent response!

Quote Originally Posted by txcurry View Post
    Just thought you guys might like to see one of the little green sunfish I caught last weekend out of one of my ponds.
    Excellent response!

Good fightin' green sunfish. i love them all

hey txcurry i spent many a summer fishing near you in canton texas had friends out there with a ranch that had an amazing pond on their property. caught bass there weighing up to 8lbs many 2-2.5 lb crappie and nice cats to 10lbs but it was a 3 acre pond they had. i miss fishing topwater during thunderstorms and watching the bass break the surface for a spook. as far as the beavers go we used to sit out by the pond at night and shoot them with the 30-06, as they were constantly cutting down large trees on the property falling them right over the acces road. i hope to retire there in oh about 40 years the people r among the warmest most inviting ive ever met. Oh and lake fork kicks asssssss talk about huge bass and amazing structure i highly recomend it to any one on vacation in eastern texas.

Pipelayer5150

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123