Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Lake Nacimiento - Fish on

Default Lake Nacimiento - Fish on

My husband and I spent Thursday through Saturday at Naci this past weekend. As usual, this time of year, we hit spotted bass in Dip Creek with robo worms and top water plugs. We were able to get in on the white bass action trolling yellow rooster tails. We tried all other types of spinners and spoons and the plain yellow with silver or gold blade was the ticket. Over the 2.5 days, we caught and released about 30 white bass and over 100 spotted bass. Oh yeah, hubby also got a catfish on a red plastic worm! Fantastic times and beautiful weather. Fish and game warden was out so make sure you have your license.

great report. I always love to hear reports from naci. Any big spots, or mostly smaller?

Naci is definitely my favorite lake! How was the water level?

Spots were mostly small...average 12", about 1 pound. A couple of white's were almost 2 pounds. Water levels were on the rise and we had no problems getting back into the smaller channels. Definitely not full but not a problem. Once a year it's nice go to go such a beautiful place and catch fish until you are ALMOST tired of catching fish :)

That must have been a great couple days on the water, thanks for the report and all the specifics! Reports like this is what brought me to FNN.

TD

were you fishing from shore??

waterskiied here when i was very little ( 4-5) and just recently i was wondering is the fishing has ever been good... aparently it is!!!!