Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Native Sun - March 22nd. DFG check

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Ron View Post
    WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

Did you hear me?

Thanks for my morning laugh.

CR
    WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?
    dont smoke..dont want smell like a :skunk:

Did you hear me?
    hear u on what??? u sound like arrogant fool if u ask me from stuff that u type

Thanks for my morning laugh.
    i guess if u think its funny that people are shady know a days on what i was trying to bring light too, then ok.
    Last edited by Oz; 03-24-2008 at 08:25 PM.

I have not smoked anything, BTW. :neutral:

Quote Originally Posted by osiito View Post
    lol dfg is out in full force i guess :roll::lol::cool: its a good thing tho but they going after the wrong boats..it should be the private boaters cuz most landings are legit. owell good u had fun dean and whoever else joined you.
    Very stupid comment.

Its the thieving clueless anglers on the MOO MOO boats that need to be watched.
    And maybe the PVT boaters that should not be on the salt with there tiny junky unmaintained boats.
    There probably clueless to any boating/fishing laws also.

PVT boaters who are out at sea often.
    Get checked by the DFG, and the Coast Guard Aux fairly often.
    Its actually fun talking to the law, When you have all your stuff in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Rod View Post
    Very stupid comment.

And maybe the PVT boaters that should not be on the salt with there tiny junky unmaintained boats.

i have been boarded by coast guard and been checked by harbor patrol quite a few times in the last few months ... and yes i totally agree if you have all your paperwork and safety gear in order they are really good guys ...

DFG is doing the best they can right now with the amount of field officers they have .... i have seen them out in force more this year then ever before

I've been checked several time in my boat. DFG motors up in their zodiac and checks our license, fish, etc. I can only remember getting checked coming off a party boat one time in my life and there were some years that I would go almost every week, or more, from spring to fall. Now the boat and crew may be legit but, especially with 48 people on board, it wouldn't be hard for someone to slip a short fish or two in their bag or keep too many so they need a check too. Personally I like to get checked by the DFG, makes me feel like I got my money's worth buying the license.

I remember being boarded and inspected at Dana Landing-San Diego, after fishing at the Butterfly last year on Cap'N Ron's Shamrock. The agent made a point of checking everywhere on the boat. He even went so far as to sweep his hand through the ice chest multiple times in order to make sure there was nothing in there. The Fly was dead that weekend and we came back empty handed, as did nearly everyone else. Did have some followers at the half dozen or so paddy's we fished that day. We might have had better luck at SCI but the swells were running about 7 feet and we decided to try at a later date.

The agent was courteous, and respectful of our gear. He went on his way and so did we.

I had no idea there were so many DFG agents in the US until I saw them at the dock last Saturday. I thought there were only two of them.

O_L

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    I remember being boarded and inspected at Dana Landing-San Diego, after fishing at the Butterfly last year on Cap'N Ron's Shamrock. The agent made a point of checking everywhere on the boat. He even went so far as to sweep his hand through the ice chest multiple times in order to make sure there was nothing in there. The Fly was dead that weekend and we came back empty handed, as did nearly everyone else. Did have some followers at the half dozen or so paddy's we fished that day. We might have had better luck at SCI but the swells were running about 7 feet and we decided to try at a later date.

The agent was courteous, and respectful of our gear. He went on his way and so did we.

I had no idea there were so many DFG agents in the US until I saw them at the dock last Saturday. I thought there were only two of them.

O_L
    was that the trip where you said he got lost and almost broke down alan??? :rofl:

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Rod View Post
    Very stupid comment.

i have a small tiny junky boat i'm not a thiefing poacher. I blame it on those who can't speak or read english

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    was that the trip where you said he got lost and almost broke down alan??? :rofl:
    :secret: Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    i have a small tiny junky boat i'm not a thiefing poacher. I blame it on those who can't speak or read english
    I almost went there.
    YEH!...... Them guys that dont even have there green cards.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast