Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Native Sun - March 22nd. DFG check

Quote Originally Posted by fish4keep View Post
    Some nice fish you caught there. But IMHO, I have to disagree with your statement: "if I wanna catch quality, I'll leave it up to the "PROS / capt. of sportboats" to put me on top of the fish." Most sportboats are out there to take the people out to CATCH fish. They (moo moos) want to see a high fish count. The higher the count, the more people will come out and fish. The more passenger, the more $$$ they make. If they are going for quality fish with not a high count, there will likely be less people. This is not to say it's always the case. Sometime they will go for quality but for the most part, moo moos are quantity and not quality. The occasional quality fish is just a bonus........
    There isnt any sportboat that i know of that wont try to get a yellow or two on the boat, if there were any caught in a particular area that they can reach within their time range. Ive been on MANY trips where the sand bass and barracuda have been biting really good, and the captain has decided to search for yellows. FYI, having yellows in the count does much better for a landing then catching sand bass and barracuda!! Unfortunately, it IS the quality that brings out peeps......quanity doesnt hurt though...lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorse1966 View Post
    that is kinda a ignorant statement .. so people who own boats are more likely to be poachers??? i have seen alot of shadey stuff happen on a moo moo but i see less of it now that i am a PB'er i am sure it happens on both ends but to say its only PB'ers is wrong .. i actually believe that the people that invest in getting their own boats are less likely to be a poacher because they are usually the type that have a passion for the sport. not just any guy that just showed up at the landing to go out on a half day boat to load up on fish for dinner ... we go out for sandbass/calico bass all the time but we release 95% of our catch how many moo moo fisherman do you see do that?

-Ralph
    I dont think it was ignorant at all. His theory makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RobMoney View Post
    I dont think it was ignorant at all. His theory makes sense.
    And fishermen are murderers.
    Said the TREE HUGGER

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678