Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Native Sun - March 22nd. DFG check

Default Native Sun - March 22nd. DFG check

Went fishing Saturday on the Native Sun with a light load of 48. Fishing was slow but everybody got fish to take. Jackpot fish was a 4lb. salmon grouper. When we got back to the dock we were greeted by 1 sheriff and 4 DFG agents who searched each angler's bag and measured each fish. I believe it took over an hour to finish checking 48 bags. I, along with a few of my BBFC buddies had a great time.

lol dfg is out in full force i guess :roll::lol::cool: its a good thing tho but they going after the wrong boats..it should be the private boaters cuz most landings are legit. owell good u had fun dean and whoever else joined you.

Quote Originally Posted by osiito View Post
    lol dfg is out in full force i guess :roll::lol::cool: its a good thing tho but they going after the wrong boats..it should be the private boaters cuz most landings are legit. owell good u had fun dean and whoever else joined you.

that is kinda a ignorant statement .. so people who own boats are more likely to be poachers??? i have seen alot of shadey stuff happen on a moo moo but i see less of it now that i am a PB'er i am sure it happens on both ends but to say its only PB'ers is wrong .. i actually believe that the people that invest in getting their own boats are less likely to be a poacher because they are usually the type that have a passion for the sport. not just any guy that just showed up at the landing to go out on a half day boat to load up on fish for dinner ... we go out for sandbass/calico bass all the time but we release 95% of our catch how many moo moo fisherman do you see do that?

-Ralph

Last edited by Oz; 03-24-2008 at 01:50 AM.

okays i guess u taking it a lil too personal. if u know u are legit than thats all that matters. you abide by the laws. me saying what i did is fact tho.

i also never said that no moo-moo's dont. i said most landings are legit or @ least all the ones i go out of. you releasing 95% of ya catch and whoever else is a good thing and there should be more like that but its not always like that. my point is the difference between moo-moo's and PB is that on a moo-moo if u have a legit crew they know there stuff and make sure everything is done by the book. on a PB u have to hope the person has good moral's. thats all im getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by osiito View Post
    okays i guess u taking it a lil too personal. if u know u are legit than thats all that matters. you abide by the laws. me saying what i did is fact tho.

i also never said that no moo-moo's dont. i said most landings are legit or @ least all the ones i go out of. you releasing 95% of ya catch and whoever else is a good thing and there should be more like that but its not always like that. my point is the difference between moo-moo's and PB is that on a moo-moo if u have a legit crew they know there stuff and make sure everything is done by the book. on a PB u have to hope the person has good moral's. thats all im getting at.
    WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

Did you hear me?

Thanks for my morning laugh.

CR

CR,

You sound like an expert fisherman! Maybe you could give me a few tips!

Quote Originally Posted by deanhall32 View Post
    Went fishing Saturday on the Native Sun with a light load of 48. Fishing was slow but everybody got fish to take. Jackpot fish was a 4lb. salmon grouper. When we got back to the dock we were greeted by 1 sheriff and 4 DFG agents who searched each angler's bag and measured each fish. I believe it took over an hour to finish checking 48 bags. I, along with a few of my BBFC buddies had a great time.
    48 people is a light load???????

MC,

Sorry. It was a weak attempt at humor- even though the boat is 165 feet long

He's smoking Da Kine.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast