Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Crabs

Default Looking for Crabs

Hey there Guys,

Well only got to go for buggs once this year. I still want to use my Hoops during the off season and I know rock crabs are open year around. I am looking for some good areas to try for them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You don't have to give me the exact spots but general areas would be great or if your willing you can PM me some gps numbers would be really awesome. I am coming over the week of the 4th and will be fishing all weekend. I hope to see some of you guys out there.

Again, Thanks guys,

Pyronut

Quote Originally Posted by pyronut View Post
    Hey there Guys,

Well only got to go for buggs once this year. I still want to use my Hoops during the off season and I know rock crabs are open year around. I am looking for some good areas to try for them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You don't have to give me the exact spots but general areas would be great or if your willing you can PM me some gps numbers would be really awesome. I am coming over the week of the 4th and will be fishing all weekend. I hope to see some of you guys out there.

Again, Thanks guys,

Pyronut
    Santa Monica Blvd.....youll get plenty of crabs there, good luck.....
    lol..jk

ventura harbor is always good

Hey there,

Guess I should have been a little more specfic in what I am looking for. I am looking for areas around Long Beach and also around Dana Point. These are the two areas that I ferquently fish and I am just having a hard time find the ROCK CRABS.....

Thanks again..

No one will tell you their secrect spots, you have to search and find your own spot. I tried many places around long Beach never got lobster or crabs.

Try a pier! I've had my best luck their...

Don't have a boat so I can't help you there.....but Newport Pier, Seal Beach Pier, and Belmont Pier have always been good to me.

Maybe a little reading will help....
    http://www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/dungeness_crab.asp
    http://www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/status/rock_crabs.pdf

i was at belmont Pier on Tuesday and picked up three rock crabs.......mmmmmmmmmmm yum

Yes I have a boat so I wont be fishing on a pier. I am looking for places outside of the harbor and around Dana Point. I have 5 hoops that I will be working. I dont want anybodys secret spots just a litle help on general places. We are coming over from Las Vegas and we dont ge out as much as we would like to.

Default Crab

I don't know if this will help you, but here it goes. Last time I went to Oceanside with my family we saw TONS of crabs along the rockwall there. Also I used to catch a lot of lobsters and crabs off one of the rockwalls in Newport. This was on rod and reel so you know I was not fishing for them nor did I keep them. It was kind of a nuisance really since I did not know anything about hooping then and just thought it was out of season or needed a special license so I just threw them back. You know how it goes if you don't know throw it back. Good Luck!

anywhere you find rocks you will find crab ... i hardly hoop Dana but try the oil rig islands inside the breakwall in LB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast