Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toonzilla ... Decked !

Quote Originally Posted by Z-TUNAKILLER View Post
    thanks, steve ...... it works better then it looks.

hey matt, get a piece of 3/16" 6061T6 diamond plate, if it holds my big ***, it should be no prob. for you. as you can see from my pics, i had to grind out some groves for the frame down tubes, i also rounded the corners and the edges all the way around and i used 2 - 1" cork tape stripes, as a spacer so the plate is not sitting right on the toon's frame.

Z

FISH ON !
    Really good idea to use those cork strips Z, dang your kinda smart. :cool:

ya that is a good idea my frame is all strached and kinda dented a lil from mine..

Default Gettttttttttttterrrrrrrrrrr-done !

gee thanks Ron, i was waiting for some1 to notice .... :rofl: :appl:

yeah matt, the d-plate is a harder grade aluminum then your toon's frame, friction is a very bad thing !

hey you guys, i got a call from a friend, he and his buddy are fishing San Pedro tomorrow ( on yaks ), from the boat ramp at Cabrillo Beach .... I may have to finally get my toon salty.....

anyone up for some harbor action ?

hali's
    calico
    spotty's
    etc.

Z

FISH ON !

friday or this weekend? im down for some salt never tooned it before and ive been wanting some spotties or something...

Quote Originally Posted by matt duarte View Post
    friday or this weekend? im down for some salt never tooned it before and ive been wanting some spotties or something...
    hey matt, right now its looking like fri., i'll let you know if it changes.

you get my PM about the MK RT TM ?

Z

FISH ON !

ya i got it good lookin out ill have to look into that i guess its always good to have the best of both worlds right

Quote Originally Posted by matt duarte View Post
    ya i got it good lookin out ill have to look into that i guess its always good to have the best of both worlds right

yeah matt, looks like its in good condition and maybe a GREAT DEAL ?

MK-RT ............... is the only way to go !

like you said best of both worlds

I'm heading out to pedro in a few ... not sure if i'm tooning ...may just fish the jetty .. I may have a new job come the end of april, so i have to go that way and stop an talk to the bossman.

GETTTERRRRR-DONE ... at Perris tomorrow ....GL

Z

FISH ON !

HEY NOW, didn't get to fish yesterday, by the time i got to the jetty area parking lot winds were blowing hard and waves breaking over the rocks, lifeguard told me a guy caught a nice legal Hali, in the morning.

Did have a few laughs at my friends expense, his 1st time on a yak, I'm watching him and his buddy paddle around, they stop and i guess they were talking .... next thing i see is my friends 2 feet sticking out of the water..... he rolled it ..... on man he had a HELL OF A TIME GETTING BACK INTO THAT YAK..... i saw the lifeguard looking his way with binoculars, he came out the his LG stand, i told him its his first time an he is learning how to get back into his yak. LG said if he drifts into the boat channel, he will have to call the LG boat an pull him out, he doesn't want anyone to get run over. well his buddy helped him get back into his yak, so no LG rescue that day. when they finally got back in, after padding against the heavy winds ..... my friend gets out of his yak ... i walk down to the water and I'm chucking ...first thing out of his mouth is .....

HEY YOU WANT TO BUY A NICE KAYAK ... CHEAP ... $100.00
    :rofl:

Z

FISH ON !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234