Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: How Do I get my Kayak to catalina??

Default How Do I get my Kayak to catalina??

Hey I am planning a camping/fishing trip with the wife and want to know if anyone knows of a way to get the yak's out to the island??
    Thanks for any advise..
    Brian

From what I understand, the ferry from Marina Del Rey is the only one that will do kayaks.

($69 fare + $39 kayak fee)

Default Thanks Bako

Hey I'm from Bakersfield..I assume that is where you are from?? I am in Iraq now doing the Army thing but Will be getting back around May 1st. Maybe we can paddle out sometime? I usually do the cen-Cal reds, butts and lings..(looking for bigger fish now).... Thanks again for the advice. Brian
    Last edited by fisheatfree; 03-21-2008 at 08:52 AM.

Just paddle across throw out a Rapala and troll for T Sharks all the way across.

Bigred

Quote Originally Posted by fisheatfree View Post
    Hey I'm from Bakersfield..I assume that is where you are from?? I am in Iraq now doing the Army thing but Will be getting back around May 1st. Maybe we can paddle out sometime? I usually do the cen-Cal reds, butts and lings..(looking for bigger fish now).... Thanks again for the advice. Brian
    Cool man...I'm a kickboater myself.

May want to check on rentals at the Island.. Could save a LOT of hassles....

Taking your own over would be a lot of work..???

Quote Originally Posted by fisheatfree View Post
    thank yor for your service in our country May God keep you all safe as for the kayak deal i know that avalon rents out kayaks to fish in.

God Bless

basscatcher

Default Thank's for the info.

Thank you all for the info. I have decided to take my own kayaks. they both meet the length restriction's and are already rigged up. The rentals averaged $248 for 2 days (X2 people) where as the round trip shipping fee (for 2) on the Marina del rey (catalinaferries.com ) is ony $60 round trip.
    I will be splurging for the guided trip though one day. The multi-day trips look awsome!
    Thank you again for all the information.
    Brian

Default Kayaking Catalina

There is a service that offers rigged Ocean Kayak Prowlers for fishing at Catalina. I believe they are located at twin harbors but just google or go to www.RhynoBar.com. The owner is Jeff "Rhyno" Krieger and he does guided fishing trips at Catalina and can give you ALL the information you need including prices for rentals or trips. Check www.kayaksportfishing.com for an article about hooping Catalina from a kayak for more info on kayaking there. Also, I believe you can take a kayak on Catalina Express out of Long Beach but there is a fee and it may only be on weekdays not sure of all the details. Hope this help.

Doug