Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ahhhhh, to live back east!

Default ahhhhh, to live back east!

My father, my mentor, who retired and moved to nowheresville (aka Mansfield), Ga decided to "rub it in" a little with an email to me today.

He wanted to stress that he only fished an hour today at a pond across the street from his retirement home. Using chicken livers and within one hour, he caught three catfish. The first two were pregnant so he released them. One weighed in at 5 lbs and the other at 7. The one he kept for dinner weighed in at 9.6 and is pictured below.

P.S. He wanted to express his condolences for us sorry saps that spend $20 to fish and (if lucky) catch our limits of stockers at local pay lakes.

Enjoy the pic

P.P.S. Notice the 36 foot inheritance, errr I mean travel trailer in the background.

Last edited by bullets_full; 03-21-2008 at 08:01 AM.

Four more months and I'm so there!

Thats a nice cat he caught i would be there every day if i lived across the street.

Bigred

Too bad you haven't inherited his fishing abilities................:rofl:

J/K Greg, lemme know the day that thing is ready for a road trip.:p

O_L

That's a nice one. I bet you are envious of his pond across the street. :mrgreen:

Nice catfish!
    That would be awesome to have a little place to walk to and fish whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by steve092 View Post
    Nice catfish!
    That would be awesome to have a little place to walk to and fish whenever.
    It's literally right across the street from him and he hardly goes. There's a larger lake only about a 10 minute walk from his house too that's loaded with fish of that caliber.

hell ya thats awesome! ill be going to west virgina in aug. to do some bass fishing! my wife has family out there and i always teese them saying im going to go out there so this cali boy can show them west virgina boys how to fish for bass lol all they talk about out there is perris and how much they want to fish it....you mention lake perris to anyone out there and there all over it lol i cant wait to go so i can come back on here and post pix of my trip!

Cant wait for kitty season...
    Im going to be at isabella everyday (pending gas prices LMAO)

NICE CAT THO!

sucks to live here...haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast