Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need some advice

thanks everyone gunna go try fishing next weekend. Who knows maybe ill catch one or two :)

Default Re: need some advice

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin4Carp
    Looking to take my roomates daughtor out fishing very soon and i want to get her hooked up on some fish. With me going threw a devorce we have a very limited budget but we can swing some frozen bait. Where do you all recamend we go to pull on some fish?? Any advice would be great.
    Balboa Lake on a hot sunny day. Bait - earthworms. Rig - doesn't really matter. Everything will work there. Hooks - size 12 up to size 2. Line - light.

Belmont Pier. Bait - cut baits. Rig - sabiki or whatever you're comfortable with. Depth: upper to mid. Hook - size 10 to 4. Target fish - mac and dines + odd smelt here and there. Nothing big but quantity really matters when you're out with kids.

Local lakes. Fish for bluegills. Most kids don't care about the size of the fish. Hook - size 18 to 10. Line - light. Bait - small worm pieces. Rig - small bobber and light sinker.

Most young kids are not willing to wait too long for fish. If the kid's a little older, then you could go after the DFG catfish. Check DFG site for fish planting schedule.

thanks fishy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12