Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vietnamese Beef Pho

Default Da BOMB Pho

As Hung380 said that is not wonderful Pho. This awesome Chinese/French cuisine needs to have the onions and ginger charred or braised into the stock. And of course you need to have that Cha Giao on the side. Another point is that to get a clearer broth you need to simmer the stock for hours just under a boil. Also use good quality femur bones. When I am trying to impress my guests I use a whole cow head cleaned with the brain left inside as well as femur bones. Simmer the stock for over 10 hours and refresh the stock at least 4 times. I try to use Rib Eye or Tenderloin thinly sliced on the side. If you are on a budget forget the sirloin and get the TriTip it is a better buy for similar quality beef. No mater which supermarket you go to for the beef be it Asian or American, try to ask the butcher for fresh meat and have them slice it for you there. That presliced stuff can be pretty nasty. They don't tell you but you got to look for good color that is not TOO red. That dye is nasty **** full of nitrates meant to tenderize and refresh old *** meat. It is not beneath a butcher to repackage redye and redate the meat. Another thing Pho is a northern vietnamese dish, however as I found out , each village can have their own version. So there really is so much more variety than the Pho you can buy in a restaurant. As someone said in another post, some places use canned Pho. YUCK! And since someone mentioned Lee's I think I will get some this morning. Thank god they open at 5:00am. I usually go to the one on Valley and Rosemead. If you guys get me started we can really get down with some awesome asian cooking.

PHO good.

Thanks for the recipes.

Troutman65

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123