Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Bass In South Korea!

Default First Bass In South Korea!

Currently I am in South Korea planning my wedding with my fiance and her parents. (She and her family live here, and this is where we met 2 years ago). But as much fun as this may sound, I needed to fish so badly I went to a few local tackle shops and purchased three shimano spinning reels along with three 6'6" rods. Surprisingly they had all the Japanese Domestic Market reels and rods in stock. Of course I didn't get any of them but it's nice to know that they are available here in Seoul (at a much better price than the U.S).

Anyways, once I got to the local lake tied on a LC Staysee jerkbait (Japanese model) and spent much of the hour casting. Then I get a phone call and as I'm answering my cell, I feel a 2 quick tugs. I set the hook and reel her in. After a short but, oh so sweet battle, I bring her in. I lipped that sucker,took the treble hooks off, and threw her back in. At last my first 2008 bass and it was in international waters! I continued to fish for a few more hours and farmed 2 more fish. I don't have any pics, but I'm going to a well know bass lake tomorrow night. I'll be sure to bring the camera. Hopefully we'll catch some more bass so that i can post some pics on FNN.

Thanks for reading.

Nice, but I don't know if you are aware of this. In Korea people consider LMB as pests. Since, they're not native species and the LMB kill native species so, they're trying to get rid of them... lol. You should've killed it. FYI. I release all my bass whenever I catch them in US.

Really? Pests?

Congrats man! Thanks for thinking of "lil ol' us" while in Korea. Been there myself, I'd bet its quite cold there right now! Good luck, we await the pics!

GM><

Quote Originally Posted by fish4anything View Post
    Really? Pests?
    I DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S TRUE BUT IF IT IS IM SURE IT'S BECAUSE THE LMB EATS THE BETTER TASTING FISH. NOT THAT I'VE HAD LMB. BUT IF YOU'VE EVEN CAUGHT A LMB EVER NOTICE HOW "FISHY" IT SMELLS? IT PROBLY TASTES THE SAME. GREAT YOU CAN GO FISH IN KOREA TAKE LOT'S IF PICS. AND POST THEM ASAP

Kill em, kill em all, kill em dead, all of em.

O_L

Nice! Congrats and good luck with the wedding preparations!

Quote Originally Posted by noob@fishing View Post
    Nice, but I don't know if you are aware of this. In Korea people consider LMB as pests. Since, they're not native species and the LMB kill native species so, they're trying to get rid of them... lol. You should've killed it. FYI. I release all my bass whenever I catch them in US.
    :shock:

Really? Wow. Maybe we can arrange a trade. We'll send a few boatloads of carp over there.

Anybody have the number to Korean F&G? ;)

Congrats on your engagement, by the way. Health and happiness.

Later,
    Scott

No Lets Hang Lmb In The Trees Just Like Carp And Catfish. Goozokhae!!<< korean for "arrest them"

The bass are considered invasive species both in Japan and in Korea. Although many kill them in both countries, I did not. The bass were never native to Korea and Japan. The bass were all brought in from the states and introduced to the local lakes. They rapidly spread eating all the local game.
    Last edited by dbae23; 03-18-2008 at 06:38 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast