Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Where to go in Orlando?

Default Where to go in Orlando?

I will be in Orlando 4/16-4/20 the Boca Raton 4/21-4/23 with my fiances family doing the Disney World thing and then visiting some of her family. Fortunately my girl is very understanding and knows that I will need to get at least on day of fishing in while on this trip so here are where the questions come.

Orlando-I have been researching on the internet and all the guided services there for freshwater are really pricey. For 2 hours at Disney World its $250!!! Does anyone know any guides here they could recommend I would hate to drop $250 and have a crappie guide.

Boca-This is where I really want to fish with its close proximity to the salt but I cant find any charters online only private guided trips that are really expensive.

If it comes down to it I will spend the money to get a private guide but I would prefer to just jump on a moo-moo for the day and pull on something new. If anyone has any adivse it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you wanna try your luck at some monster redfish or speckled trout then check out some of the guides out of mosquito lagoon. Its a 45 min drive from orlando. The guides usually run around 250 though. Its flats fishing so its pretty shallow water. Its awesome. You pretty much see every fish your gonna catch.

Have you tried jumping on a local Orlando fishing board?

Enjoy Disneyworld. Did it last year. The lines were craaaazy, and the compound is ridiculously big (like multiple miles big in any direction!!) Kids truly go berzerk there.

I'm going to Orlando in April. I have found that the charters and guides cost about the same and are somewhat synonomous. They will include all your gear, licence and guided instruction. Average seems to be $150 for one person or $300 for 2 people. To my knowledge Florida does not have open party boats like we do here. At least I have been unable to find any.

There are lots of public fishing docks on the coast. Fishing is part of the culture in Florida and you can rent rods in the most unlikely places. I've been told, that at the golf courses the pro shop rents rods so you can fish the water hazards. I can't validate that, because I haven't done it.

Last year I rented river boats with my family in Kissimee. You know the ones with the big fan blade in the back? The same place rented me a rod with swimbait for $5. I only got about 15 minutes of fishing in, but I did catch and release a bass before I had to fly home. This time I plan on doing a lot more fishing. ;)

Here is a link to some fishing reports in the area.
    http://www.centralfloridafishingrepo...ngInfo/21.html

Good luck out there, and take lots of pictures! Looking forward to your report.

Granny Fish, Liteliner is right. If you can get a good guide to go bay fishing for redfish which should be very good that time of the year, I would highly recommend it. Redfish are incredible fighters and beautiful fish. You will possibly be doing shallow water sight fishing for them which is absolutely the best. Good luck on whatever you end up doing there. I know in most places down South. If it's got freshwater it's got bass. Please be mindful if you stop to fish off the road at a lake,pond or swamp be very aware of alligators, they are everywhere down there. This "little" 8 footer came out of the bushes after my topwater lure.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...Picture007.jpg

HC

Thanks for the warning Hog Caller. Honestly, I'm more concerned about watching for snakes, as they are harder to see. I am cautious. I have been in touch with a local captain in the area. I'm not too certain yet about taking a charter at this point as $$$ is a concern, but I hear that the Indian River has been wide open lately for the redfish and for spotted seatrout. Also, I have learned that there are some open party boats available on the coast for about $55 for 1/2 day. I'm looking forward to some surf fishing on the space coast and fishing some local lakes.

Here are a couple more links for James:
    Here is a place I want to stay next time... http://www.vrbo.com/41391

http://www.floridasportsman.com/regi...shing_reports/

http://www.captgina.com/index.php
    Last edited by Granny Fish; 03-15-2008 at 10:23 PM.

I would go fishing for alligators that looks like a nice battle and a new species you don't need a guide just go down to the local pond with your rod and some bread dont get to close tho to the shore.If i went there i would have to go sword fishing hands down there a lot more Swordes down there and better guides but it is price but it may be worth it for a 400 pound sword good luck down there.

bigred

A gator battle would be one to remember for certain! ;)
    They will jump high for chickens! I have some pictures, but it will take a while to find.

I saw some guy catch one on animal planet on a heavy duty spinner and it was one good fight i thought the other aligatores were going to eat him when he was near the shore lol.

Bigred

Thanks for the replys. I think I have settled on going after red fish and hopefully a shot at some snook. I copied a link below this is the guide im thinking of using a little pricey but I only have one day to fish so I figure I better make it a good one.

http://www.orlando-fishing.com/