Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you keep fish on the boat?

Default Where do you keep fish on the boat?

I was wondering all you guys with livewells&#46; where do you keep your trout? I am pretty sure it's illegal to keep the alive in the bait tank&#46; but is this a rule that isn't enforced in the sierras? or do you kill them and put them in the bait tank?
    T&#46;O&#46; i know you know this rule&#46; you have live wells on your crestliner&#46;
    sorry for the post in the fish report, but it's the only sierra section&#46;

I usually put the fish in the livewell while fishing&#46; Run some fresh water in there every once in awhile to&#46;&#46; well,, keep the fish alive&#46; If I ever actually catch my limit &#58;oops&#58; , then I'd c&r the rest&#46; Or exchange the bigger ones for the smaller ones&#46;&#46; &#58;?&#58; Bass of course I CPR, haven't had a chance at any stripers yet, but, I like the throw em in the ol cooler idea&#46; Basically if I'm gonna keep em, I throw em in the ol livewell til later&#46;

well i did read the dfg rules, and it is illegal to keep trout alive on the boat&#46;

Wow I didn't now that&#46; I don't have a live well or boat for that fact&#46; I've had trout on a sringer that lived for hours and even snaged one on a stringer at intake II that we released to live another day&#46; Do you have to kill em before putting em on the stringer too? &#58;?

bait collecting in Hat Creek;
    (e) No trout may be maintained or possessed in
    a live condition in any container on or attached
    to any boat;
    (f) Except for restrictions

Are we talking using your catch for bait here? Maybe I just fell of the truck&#46; Is that why I see people with buckets? I never understood why you would need to keep your catch in a bucket&#46; I like to put my keepers on a stringer in the water so they are fresh for dinner but are you telling me people rig up smaller trout to catch larger ones&#46; If thats the case the next person I see with a bucket better watch out for me cause that buckets getting dumped back in the lake&#46; &#58;twisted&#58;

Some people have used live trout for bass bait, thats why they don't want you to keep them alive&#46;

Does it mean a container on or attached to a boat or attached with a stringer over the side? I do not know the answer to that one&#46; I would like to know for sure&#46; I think we would have heard about lots of people being ticketed though if that were the case&#46;

One_Leg

okay i will just let them go to be caught another day, and save the live well for the sacramento perch&#46;

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder
    okay i will just let them go to be caught another day, and sace the live well for the sacramento perch&#46;
    Or give them to me If I come up short!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast