Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ownage in the Sierras for my Birthday (Late Report 5/4-5/6)

Default Ownage in the Sierras for my Birthday (Late Report 5/4-5/6)

Since I've been jonesing to get up to the sierras since way before the opener (I'm sure many of you can relate) I decided to head up for my birthday or rather the weekend before. I drove up by myself but planned to rally up with Timster and his buddy San. I was especially looking forward to this because saying these guys know how to fish is a gross understatement and on my last trip he sierras had conquered me. So, I was looking forward to learning how to fish this place from these guys.

Started up the road way later than I expected to and ended up arriving at Virginia Creek Settlement at midnight. The folks that run that place are really cool people. They left the light on for me and left my room open with the key on the bed. They even let me pay them later so I could get out and fish the next day. If you are planning to be in the Bridgeport area I highly recommend this place.

Got a few hours of sleep and got up to meet up with Timster and San for some fishing. They told me Little Virginia was blown out and that we'd be hitting Lundy Lake. I met up with them at the lake and we proceeded to fish. We ended up with an easy limit by noon, all C&R.

Oh by the way ... did I mention it was snowing like a mofo most of the time we were up there?

Later in the day we decided to go back to Plan A and hit up Little Virginia later in the day and see if it was fishable or still blown out. We were pleased to find that it was only a little windy. We dropped our lines in and had another easy limit all C&R. We went to Little Virginia again on Saturday and Sunday Mornings with the same result. One funny thing that I didn't manage to photograph (I'm sure Tim and San will be glad of this) but they kept hooking male fish that decided to release their manhood as they tried to remove the hook I guess make trout think Tim and San are so hot they just can't contain themselves. We also hit up Silver Lake on Saturday afternoon with not much action. Tim and San both managed one and I had nada. I'm not sure which days these pics are from but I shall post them for your viewing pleasure none the less.

Snowy Road

Timster with a small Alpers ... probably one of the largest fish taken the entire trip ...

Most of the fish were this size ...

Vista shots ... I think there is a bald eagle flying around in one of them ...

Some dude with a nice brown that he and like 3 other people caught ... except me of course ...

I neglected to get the dude's email address to send him the pic ... so if anyone knows this dude ... send him the link to this report ...

Timster with another small Alpers ...

More vista shots ... Actually I think the bald eagle is in one of these ...

A fish by my foot ... It was butt hooked ... I have no idea how this fish managed to get hooked like that ...

A mountain next to Silver Lake

Shots of Big Virginia Lake ... the fish were safe ... this time ...

Mono Lake on the way home ...

Convict Lake on the way home ... I took some pics because last time I was there I forgot the camara ...

The only way to describe this trip was amazing ... I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday ...

Go Team Hellfish ...

NOT !!! Team 57 through and through ... 8)

Dana ... we need an icon like this :dedhorse: but with a :skunk:

Tight Lines ...

Beautiful pics and beautiful fish, looks like a great BDay trip. Way to go.

Nice report. 19 days 9hours and 38min I'll be there. Cant' wait. Can you tell. :D

Love those pictures. BTW, were you throwing lures or just bait on those?

Nice job! Just cant wait till I get up there. Planning late July now. Sure looked cold...

X

Quote Originally Posted by SDJHawk
    BTW, were you throwing lures or just bait on those?
    Both bait and plastics, still and jigged.

right on, that is so cool,happy belated! really pretty up at virginia. do you got the price info on that place you stayed at, or a phone.thanks for the report! fish on.

DreStyle....Absolutely awesome photos and report.

Timster and crew you guys are animals for eduring that snow. As for me, I will be at Crowley next Tuesday through Thursday.

Fear No Trout8181cory

Thanks for the report Dre...nice pictures. You didn't drive up the wrong side of the 395 on the way up did you? :D You are a wild man! Lundy and Virginia are great spots to hit in the Sierras. I'm heading up there the first week in June, hopefully the snow gear gets to stay home and the trout start gaining some more weight. Keep up the good work dude.

TD

Outstanding repory w/pics.!!!! Looks very cold . Glad you had a blast fishing on your B-Day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast