Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Troutman65 Tri-Tip Recipe

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    If anyone wants me to re post my Tri-Tip recipe let me know on this thread and I will repost it .

Troutman65
    repost please

all in favor???

calvaryguy23 Guest

yeah repost it :D

Quote Originally Posted by ~larissa View Post
    repost please

all in favor???

Ok Larissa. I will repost it today after I get back from Fishing at Irvine Lake. ;):D

Troutman65

Quote Originally Posted by calvaryguy23 View Post
    yeah repost it :D

Ok dokie. After I get back from Irvine Lake today I will repost it.

TM65

Ok, You take a Tri-Tip from the store and perice it with a fork on both sides a bunch of times. Then you use a dry rub on it. I like to use Emerils Original Essence w/ Black pepper for one. You can also use Grill Mates Steak Rub or another rub combo you like. I like to have the Tri-Tip set for a half hour in the refer after this. Be sure to rub the rub into the meat very good.

Then I use Soy Vay Very Teriyaki and Stubbs spicy BBQ sauce . I use a 50/50 mixture of each of the sauce for 1 Tri-Tip. I put the Tri-Tip into a gallon Zip Lock baggie. I then double it so 2 bagies are on. I don't like for the sauce to drip out.

I then mix the sauces together in the bag with the Tri-Tip. I let the Tri-Tip marinate for up to 4 days. The longer the better.

When I am ready to grill I use a Webber 22" kettle grill and stack the coals to one side of the kettle. I light the coals and when they are ashed over with a flame still going I put the Tri-Tips on the fire side to sear the meat. You want to sear the meat for 7 min. or so.

Then you move the meat over to the cool side of the grill and Fat Side up , You close the lid and let grill for apox. 35 to 40 min. for it to come out just right.

Be sure to let the Tri-Tip rest for 5 to 7 min. after you take it off the grill. If you don't do this and just cut into the meat all the juices will run out and the meat will be dry.

Grillin and Chillin

Troutman65
    Last edited by Troutman65; 04-23-2008 at 07:39 AM.

thanks patrick... i've archived this in my recipe book .. whoo hooo :banana:

I think this recipe is also chiseled in stone at the entrance of Irvine Lake, and reprinted on the ticket stubs!

Will have to try this recipe!

Sounds great!!! I will try this for sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sansou View Post
    I think this recipe is also chiseled in stone at the entrance of Irvine Lake, and reprinted on the ticket stubs!

Will have to try this recipe!

Sansou, You will get to try it this Saturday at Irvine Lake . Then you can post and rant how good it is.:lol:

TM65

Quote Originally Posted by ~larissa View Post
    thanks patrick... i've archived this in my recipe book .. whoo hooo :banana:

Sorry it took so long. You will get to taste it this Saturday.:D

TM65

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast