Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: rock creek lake

Default rock creek lake

hey, im going up on the 24th to rock creek lake i was just wondering if anybody knows if the lake will be ice free by then and if i will be able to rent a boat or not.
    thanks

Went up to Rock Creek Lake last weekend and it was about 80% frozen. It was starting to warm up when we left on Sunday so maybe it will be fishable when u get there. Hope this helps.

You should contact the ranger station in mammoth. They're usually very helpful.

Mammoth Ranger Station
    and Welcome Center
    760-924-5500
    P.O. Box 148
    Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
    Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00

Default Re: rock creek lake

Quote Originally Posted by mr. trout
    hey, im going up on the 24th to rock creek lake i was just wondering if anybody knows if the lake will be ice free by then and if i will be able to rent a boat or not.
    thanks
    try http://www.rockcreeklake.com

was just up there on sat, COMPLETELY ICE FREE. however, mammoth lakes still got a lot of ice (George, mary, mamie). I got 5 fish in a couple hours strippin a wooly bugger at the outlet. plenty of other people were catching too, but fairly small fish.

I'll be there the 20-24th - I'll try to leave a few in the lake for you! :wink:

Default Re: rock creek lake

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. trout
    thanks
    try http://www.rockcreeklake.com
    Actually, try http://www.rockcreeklake.com/rcforum (This is the message board). If you ever need up to date info on Rock Creen Canyon, this is where you can look. Our board has about 1/100th the activity of this board, but it is all focused on that one canyon, so someone usually has first hand info on all questions you might have.