Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedge fatalities ID'd

I cant agree with hbstriker more. I never bodyboarded wedge but I had no problem taking on waves around 10ft. If you know how to ride wedge you will be fine. Body surfing it is probably the safest way one can ride it. its the people that arent from socal that dont understand wedge that get hurt the worst. as long as you know whats going on you will be fine. really, cylinders is probably more dangerous than wedge.

I never understood why those guys ride the wedge anyway, the waves break so close to the shore! Doesnt look fun at all.........&# 46;.

adrenaline junkies

Just how they surf in hawaii with only like 4" off water between the top and coral below ....

Default Definition of kook...

I did not mean the term as an insult. When I was in High School and College I too would be out on 10 to 15 foot days. Now, in my "wiser" age (50), I look back and need to ask myself "What was I thinking...."

It was a blast though - nothing like the adrenaline rush looking down something and realizing I was higher than a 2 story building.

BTW - on Wednesday, the lifeguards did have to pull two surfers out of the water. They weren;t hurt - just got in and then I think decided it was too much to handle. The lifeguard boat (viewable in some of the pics) was outside and pulled the two in.

Also - breaking news - one of the bodies has been found over by Inspiration Point in CdM http://http://www.dailypilot.com/art...137136.txt

Quote Originally Posted by seanyboi
    Aww man that is really sad. I heard that the waves were getting to 15 feet over there thats crazy
    it wasnt UP TO 15... it was AT LEAST 15. here are pictures from the wedge on tuesday... *note this isnt hawaii pictures.. its actually the wedge on tuesday 4/10/07

you can see the jetty in this picture down here.

Default Pics..

Wow - those are some great pics man - especially the last two guys taking those *huge* drops!

its sad to hear about their death.. and yes they should not have been on the jetty but they were and they were washed off. one of the bodies has been recovered but the other is missing.

i personally bodyboard the wedge during the right swells and conditions but i'm never in there when its past 15ft or when its breaking in one big solid wall. i've personally helped several guys out there who get slammed by a wave and cant paddle back in. the adrenaline rush is great but just know that the lifeguard normally positioned on the W tower wont really be able to save you on big days.

:shock: :shock: :shock: HOLY S%@T!

GM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12