Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Michigan King Salmon

Default Salmon

I do most of my fishing outta waukegan. It is farther, but the water drops off much faster there and I get more big browns and steelhead outta there. My first trip there I got several browns between 9-14 lbs a piece and a nice 20lb king salmon. The bummer is you have no protection from the wind and if it blows from the north or the east ; then I have to go in. The warm water discharge is closed because of 9/11. So you have to be a ways away. The coho are like ants right now. I cannot keep them off my line. Most of them are larger this year too. But still, it is hard to get to the kings or anything else for that matter. I was trolling a spoon on my downrigger for lake trout in 92 feet of water. It was 93 feet deep and I got a 8lb coho that hit it all the way down there !!!! Go figure !!!!! What the heck are they doin down there ????? !!!! LOL !

that is really weird being down so deep, it seems some of my buds back home are having trouble finding and catching some of them kings. I used to head back to Carpentersville(suburb of Chicago) at this time but work has kept me away the last couple of years,there's always Aug-Sept to try and get some salmon fillets.

never seen a pic of a king! great j0b !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12