Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Powerhouse next to Intake 2

Default Powerhouse next to Intake 2

I've been wanting to ask somebody this for awhile now. I notice on my way up the hill to Intake 2 there is a small pond by the Powerhouse. Is that worth fishing or is it even legal to fish there? I see alot of trucks and electric company equipment so wasn't sure if a person could even fish that or not.
    Thanks

Default Re: Powerhouse next to Intake 2

Quote Originally Posted by SDJHawk
    I've been wanting to ask somebody this for awhile now. I notice on my way up the hill to Intake 2 there is a small pond by the Powerhouse. Is that worth fishing or is it even legal to fish there? I see alot of trucks and electric company equipment so wasn't sure if a person could even fish that or not.
    Thanks
    You can fish there. I have "heard" stories about huge browns coming from these ponds. Some old tooth less local told me about the fish he had caught. His brother worked for the pwoer company>>>
    It is worth a shot. Dont expect much

It is definetely worth it. I hit it up on my way down from Intake every time I am up there. When the water is coming out the pipe I just cast some salmon eggs or a crawler into the flow and let the water do the work. Quite a few browns in there, last year my buddy pulled out a 2lb. brown. Good place to get away from the crowds because most people think the same as you at first glance and don't bother to drive down to it. I work for Edison and can tell you that anything that is not clearly fenced off, is fare game up there as well as the other side of the mountain in the Shaver Lake/Big Creek area. Good luck and tight lines!