Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NATIVE SUN SCHOOL'S OUT KIDS....

Default NATIVE SUN SCHOOL'S OUT KIDS....

Hey People,

After all the talk, and after the days final “weigh in”, I told my boy k3vin I would “take it easy” (it’s really hard for me to do this guys, you KNOW me, LOL) with the final report. So, I will keep my word…..

Quote Originally Posted by ymin72
    Kevin, this was your idea. Dont back out now!!!

Well, whatever you choose to do, remember I got you!
    Well, after all that challenge talk, ymin never shows up, B20 (who was never really in the challenge, so its cool) couldn’t show up either, so K3vin Kim was left flapping in the wind solo. But, at least he showed up. Im proud of you K3vin!! So I guess since Kev was out numbered, I would take the challenge, with my crew for back up.

We decide to fish the Native Sun out of LBSF Sunday, with its destination being Catalina Island. Checked the counts the day before, they didn’t look too good, but hey, each day is different, well see what happens!

Fisherman, and K3vin, that SHOWED up today were :

Myself
    My son Jason
    Cappo
    One_leg
    Erick
    Dean Hall
    Ray Lopez
    G $
    Bassin Chef
    K3vin Kim

We purchased our tickets, and headed down to the boat, unloaded our gear, and rigged up our gear. Tackle recommendations were Megabaits or live bait. I myself, brought 6 rods today, considering that myself and my crew got called out by another crew. So I had 12 lb rigged with an anchovy storm, 15 lb rigged up with a #1 live bait hook for fishing live bait, 20 lb rigged with a sardine pattern megabait, 1 25 lb rigged with a mint green 544, and another 25 rigged to fish feathers.

Crew today was Capt Jason Rico, on deck were Kim and David, and in the galley was Kevin. Jason made his morning safety speech, and informed us that we would be fishing further down East than the previous day. We went to the East Receiver and loaded up on 5-6 inch sardines, and made our was across to the Island. The ride across was NICE and smooth, we had no pukers today!!!

Mac Daddy from Kencor was also on the boat again, doing his raffle. I believe most of my crew purchased some raffle tickets. I also did, but decided to split them up between the boyz!!! My son ended up winning some plastics, leadheads, and a new pair of dikes.

First spot produced a slow pick on the bonita, along with a few out of season sheephead. Then, the Cow Mackeral moved in!! GRRRRR!!! So we pulled anchor, and tried another spot. This was pretty much the deal throughout the day, we hit a few spots, picked a few bonita, then the macks would take over. Then, on the last spot, it was time!!! Time, for PERCH POACHING!! Woo hooo!!! Those of us who brought out the lighter gear (2-6 lb) had a BLAST fishing for them. Most of us limited out on the perch. We also caught a few more out of season fish, along with coaches NICE whitefish, that he released unharmed. Great job coach!!!! Then Mac Daddy asked me to draw the grand prize winning ticket out of the can, so I did, and guess what? I DREW G MONEY FOR HIS SECOND KENCOR GRAPHITE ROD!! Wooo Hooooo……Good job G, and btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    Jason made his its time to go home announcement, and we brought our largest fish out of jackpot, which Juan and I TIED EXACTLY (both on the boat scale, and a digi)!! So Juan and I split the side JP, and Juan went solo on the boat JP (theres a reason for this) Yes, BBFC held it down AGAIN today, even with the slow fishing, we managed to catch a few bonita, sheeps, whitefish, and perch. We all had a GREAT time, and Bassin Chef, it was great to meet you and to have you join us on this trip, youre welcome anytime bro!! Sorry about the short report guys, but I have to leave asap, my day is FULL of things I need to do. Guys, PLEASE add to this report, I would appreciate it. Great boat, great crew, great fishing partners. Thanks Jason Rico, Kim and David, and Kevin for EXCELLENT service, and for the great effort throughout the day. That island is due to go off at anytime guys…….

Oh, I almost forgot. “Who got skooled?” and who won the “fish off?”….well, I am sure most of you had your money on the right crew/person…..Ill let the others answer that question….take it easy guys…

GD

SORRY, I ONLY TOOK A FEW PICS...I WAS CONCENTRATING ON "SCHOOL" LOL

Default Re: NATIVE SUN SCHOOL'S OUT KIDS....

Drove all tlhe way to Long Beach to watch the showdown. Never happened due to lack of attendance from the other crew so I decided to fish with everyone else and had a blast. Kevin was a good sport as he represented his crew and was even a better sport when he yelled out loud " I finally caught a fish" at about 1:30 PM.

Almost forgot- Final count- Ghetto Dad - 5 bones
    Kevin Kim - 0 bones

Great job GD!!!!

This was the best day of skool ever. :lol: even though the fishin was not wide open. Except on the huge macks.
    I decided to go with the Megabait once again. The dines were getting ripped but no hookups. I can't believe there was no life in those kelps. WTF :x

Funny how our JP fish weighed exactly the same on two scales. I think I could've won if I dunked it in the bait tank like you did GD :lol:
    Anyways, I didn't take any pics of people with their fish, was too busy fighting the macks. I had a great time out there with you guys. Weather was awesome. Great meeting you BassinChef. K3vin, are you going to send in the pic to FishRap of the one perch you caught?

[attachment=6:03335]IMGP1521.JPG[/attachment:03335]
    [attachment=5:03335]IMGP1522.jpg[/attachment:03335]
    [attachment=4:03335]IMGP1526.JPG[/attachment:03335]
    [attachment=3:03335]IMGP1529.JPG[/attachment:03335]
    [attachment=2:03335]IMGP1535.JPG[/attachment:03335]
    [attachment=1:03335]IMGP1540.JPG[/attachment:03335]
    [attachment=0:03335]IMGP1543.JPG[/attachment:03335]

lol....thanks juan.....i dont think even the fish "wrap" will take a pic of the perch that k3vin got....lol....&#46 ;you forgot about the 1/2 slider i shoved down its throat too juan

Hey guys that might have been a "heavy blue perch" :secret:

Thanks for the report GD, and congrats on the JP! You too Juan.
    Thanks for the raffle tickets GD. 8)

Juan, that is a dolphin. :P

Thanks to Mac Daddy for the prize donations. See you soon, one way or another.

That was the first time I'd been to Catalina in over 11 years. Looks a bit different there now. :|

Nice meeting you Gabs. :D

It's too bad all my fish were too big to fit in the cameras field of view. :evil:

One_Leg

steve-o
    thanks again for putting together another fun outing. I HAD A BLAST!!
    also, thanks for the early morning gift :wink: very very cool. It was nice hanging with you and meeting your son.

The fish-off was cool....K3vin, my kids no longer want your autographed picture on their wall. When i told them what happened they immediately ripped up the photos and tossed them in the trash. I didnt know the competition meant so much to them. Later in the evening both kids were running around screaming BBFC ROCKS!!!! My boy muttered something about NBU but im not quite sure what he was saying :lol: :lol:

It was nice meeting you Bassin Chef...hope to see you soon.

Also in case you didnt catch the O_L trying to "win friends and influence people" it was very funny. There was a very nice family that was near the back of the boat. The mom looked beyond terrified when she saw the sardines in the live well chutes....the look on her face was priceless!!! But it was nothing compared to the look on her face when O_L grabbed the sardine closest to her then chomped the head off. Classic!!!!! Also note the young girl in the family did a great job bringing a whopping 2lb 7oz perch up through 3 strands of kelp....she handled it very well That thing was huuuuuuuge!!!!

Thanks to macdaddy again for some enjoyable conversation and the Kencor rod - sweeeet!!! Im starting to enjoy raffles with 2 Kencors and 1 G-Loomis in the last year :D

I did end up catching my first "would have been a keeper" goat with my 2lb gear what a blast. Ill get him again when they are in season. I spent no more than 30 minutes playing with the light tackle as that was my only time touching any bait. The entire day was spent with the Bonita Feathers and Megabait lures. i have no idea how many macks I got which kept the day fun but also kept the bonita off my hook.....look out next time!!

Props to Jason and the native sun crew. You guys all make the trips very enjoyable. GD....i had some great convos with one of the crew....I thought his name Gabriel (since that is what his LBSF shirt said). is this right??

Sorry about the lack of fishing pix.....i was busy being the mackslayer :lol: but here are a few:

Quote Originally Posted by Gmoney
    steve-o
    thanks again for putting together another fun outing. I HAD A BLAST!!
    also, thanks for the early morning gift :wink: very very cool. It was nice hanging with you and meeting your son.

The fish-off was cool....K3vin, my kids no longer want your autographed picture on their wall. When i told them what happened they immediately ripped up the photos and tossed them in the trash. I didnt know the competition meant so much to them. Later in the evening both kids were running around screaming BBFC ROCKS!!!! My boy muttered something about NBU but im not quite sure what he was saying :lol: :lol:
    It was nice meeting you Bassin Chef...hope to see you soon.

Also in case you didnt catch the O_L trying to "win friends and influence people" it was very funny. There was a very nice family that was near the back of the boat. The mom looked beyond terrified when she saw the sardines in the live well chutes....the look on her face was priceless!!! But it was nothing compared to the look on her face when O_L grabbed the sardine closest to her then chomped the head off. Classic!!!!! Also note the young girl in the family did a great job bringing a whopping 2lb 7oz perch up through 3 strands of kelp....she handled it very well That thing was huuuuuuuge!!!!

Thanks to macdaddy again for some enjoyable conversation and the Kencor rod - sweeeet!!! Im starting to enjoy raffles with 2 Kencors and 1 G-Loomis in the last year :D

I did end up catching my first "would have been a keeper" goat with my 2lb gear what a blast. Ill get him again when they are in season. I spent no more than 30 minutes playing with the light tackle as that was my only time touching any bait. The entire day was spent with the Bonita Feathers and Megabait lures. i have no idea how many macks I got which kept the day fun but also kept the bonita off my hook.....look out next time!!

Props to Jason and the native sun crew. You guys all make the trips very enjoyable. GD....i had some great convos with one of the crew....I thought his name Gabriel (since that is what his LBSF shirt said). is this right??

Sorry about the lack of fishing pix.....i was busy being the mackslayer :lol: but here are a few:

:rofl:

Oh yeah, I forgot to say thanks to the great Crew.

Thanks Guys!!!

GD, I can teach you how to delete uneeded text from your replies. :|

O_L

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast