Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: I Finally Get to See The Show!!!

Default I Finally Get to See The Show!!!

I arrived at Zuma around 7:30 am today ready to try out some new flies. The air felt like summer, but the water still felt like winter. An hour-and-a-half and two full-body dousings later I decided to get my spinning rig out of the car.

Action was good at a couple spots on the beach. In a reversal for me, most of the fish were nice and few were tiny. Found them around gravel areas.
    this one was the smallest

on 3/8 oz Carolina GCSW of course...

About three-hundred yards down the beach I noticed a fisherman in an orange hat. Every time I looked over his way he seemed to be fishing where as I was usually untangling, re-tying or otherwise dinking around... I'm thinking to myself "Dang, that guy is like a machine. I wonder who it could be." Well...

Yep, he's that good, folks...

Nice meeting Wingnut, Fishboy and Capn'. Hope you guys did well. I just couldn't leave those fat perch alone...

Default Re: I Finally Get to See The Show!!!

Nice report and pics CD! Good work stirring up the perch :twisted:
    Wingnut, that's a phatty! :lol: :shock: Good work man!

Nice report.

Working the area of the next get together I see gathering some local Knowledge perhaps?????????

Was Wingnut working ahead of you or behind you? As in did he miss an available fish and you managed to present a better offering than he did.

Congrats also for beating him to the report but then again he is probably still out there throwing!!!! I'm sure we will see more of you day when he posts.

I tried to sample the surf yesterday in the OC but way too crowded with the the warm weather so returned to the comfort of NPH.

See you in Zuma Soon!!

Steve

Hi City Dad,

nice to meet you today.

Capt'n

Hey C.D., It's kinda creepy how you always follow me around... :rofl: :bigsmile: :mrgreen:

It was great meeting you Tim, you're a talented & versatile fisherman. :thumb:

Next time, bring the kids! :D