Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: lobster punch card

Default lobster punch card

Effective in 2008 any individual taking spiny lobster will be required to have a newly issued punch card [ $ 7.90] this is in addition to the normal sport fishing license and OE stamp. any time a hunter catches a lobster they are required to indicate the take on the card and the card to be mailed back to DFG at the end of the year . sounds like easy money for the dfg and watch how many guys are nailed and fined at the docks when the hoopers forget to punch there cards at the end of a cold tired nite on the water .

Default Re: lobster punch card

Actually the reporting requirements start September 27, at the start of lobster season. And I don't really believe they are doing this so they can make money off the fines. It's so they can get better information on catch and effort for lobster in the recreational fishery. It also provides additional support for enforcement to prevent poaching. If they wanted to make money off fines they could just go out and enforece the rules they already have and bust all the people I see keeping short fish.

Default Re: lobster punch card

WELL SAID , I agree