Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: suday 5/6 catlina and kids

Default suday 5/6 catlina and kids

went over to the island sunday me my son and my nephew and his friend.went to the backside the wind was up and it was rollin so came back around to the front. started at at the quarry and fished down around avalon was just looking for something the boys could catch with them its not quality its quanity .man o man did we find the white fish and a little of everything else. sat on the third spot from abot 9am till 4 pm about a mile from avalon.fish never let up. seen the freelance sitting about 1/2 mile on the outside of us drifting for bonita . buzzed out there about 4:30 caught the bonita under the birds while cleaning the fish. cant say it was the smoothest ride back across the chanel got really nasty about 5 miles from newport the boys down on the bunk never woke up i was amazed as rough as it was . herd the coast guard giving sevral warning about vessels that where half sumerged and sevaral dingys that where adrift up the coast, but all in all the boys had a blast and all fish where chaught on 6lbs test and trout rods did loose quite a few fish to a seal that camped under the boat .was kinda fun though to see them try to real in the fish before our little friend could leave them with just the head.......Bob

Looks like you all had fun. Thanks for sharing.

One question : did you make the kids clean the fish?

Sweet report. Looks like you had a blast with the kids!!! :D

Default no way

rough seas 12 and 14 year olds with a fillet knife just didnt make much sense to me .....ha ha

Dude, nice catches!

WTG :thumb:

KJ13 8)

WOW! What a day!

nice trip man!!!!! those kids must be loving life....good job!!

Great getting the boys on fish...some happy looking kids.

Your boat looks like it has a pretty large cockpit, what are you fishing in?
    I was just trying to imagine your crossing based on NOAA's forecast for Sunday.

Thank you for the report.

Default boat

i have a 98 25 ft aquasport with a 200 johnson, the boat never blinked at the rough water did abot 25 to 27 commin back