Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Float tubing Crowley?

Default Float tubing Crowley?

Anybody have suggestions on float tube fishing Crowley? Wasn't sure if conditions are very good there for it. Never fished Crowley before but looks like some areas might be conducive but not sure.
    Thanks for the info.

Yes, a lot of people tube Crowley. In fact, there is a large tubing tourney towards the fall. Its called the double haul in the fall or something. Anyways, it is a big lake, and the wind can come up fast, and brutal. Not a fun place to be in a tube when there is wind. The most popular spots are mcgee bay and green banks bay. The kick can be long to areas of mcgee. I am not as sure about green banks. Here is a map:

http://www.crowleylakefishcamp.com/6_Map.htm

We often park about sometimes bay, or stormy flats, and head out in the middle of mcgee. Anyways, someone else might have some more info, but thats about it for me. One thing you can take from me is be careful of the wind and be prepared for a possibly long kick.

Thanks ryanerb. I was asking for that reason. From what I've heard the winds can kick up pretty fast. I'll try those areas you mentioned.