Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Virgin fish *****

Default Virgin fish *****

That got ya reading, didn't it ;)

I'm a girl, and I love to fish. I've been out 7 times so far to SARL and Irvine Lake, and caught a massive haul of zero. Not a damned thing. I go out with friends who are seasoned fishermen, and they say I'm not doing anything wrong.
    I have tried for trout with 2 rigs, using different variations of powerbail (Gulp!, Nitro etc).
    I've actually hooked a couple of fish, but due to idiot people I never landed one and hooking them doesn't count as catching them! (One guy pulled the fish by the line and snapped it, the others didn't reel in and the fish got snagged in between everyone's lines. I was pissed!)

Anyway, I just went to my favourite store and got a new rig-up so I can try and catch me some catfish.
    I'm perfectly capable of getting my gear together, tying hooks, swivels etc and have cleaned various friends trout - I've also read up on the interweb about cleaning and cooking catfish.

Just 'cos trout season is over here in SoCal, I don't want to have to wait until October before I fish again so I figured I'd try my hand at the cats.

My favourite guy at the favourite store hooked me up with 12lb test line, some 1 and 1 1/2 weights, hooks and carolina keepers. I intend to use shrimp or mackarel as bait (I'm terrified of worms, ok? Well I am a girl!)

What else can I do to catch me some fishes?

Welcome to the board!

Try flylining some FRESH mackeral for the kitties........ the bite should get better once the warm weather arrives and the pay lakes go to their "night fishing" schedule....

I'm working on a summer catfishing event for FNN, so I'd say that would be a great place to introduce yourself and talk to some of the "pro's" for some great tips! Keep a look out in the "Private Lake" section for the announcement soon....... and we hope to see you there!

Good luck!

Welcome!

Welcome !

I used to be grossed out by worms. My husband can tell you how I used to use two sticks like chopsticks to get the worm on the hook. Now, I just laugh about it.

Try using plastics. Once upon a time I was the plastic worm master. lol

PM for specific questions. I might be able to answer them. GL

Welcome to the jungle, Sue...

Welcome sue!!!!

Hope to meet you at the next FNN event. Like F57 said, the kitties will be more active soon with the warmer weather......keep an eye on the DFG fish plants.....the DFG stock local park lakes with the kitties....and they are starting this week in some areas!!!!

Good luck!
    Welcome.......

sonarbp

Welcome to FNN Sue,

You just got to keep hanging in their. You'll land a fish sooner or later.

Welcome

X

Hello and welcome.

One_Leg

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast