Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Zuma Beach Rumble

Default Zuma Beach Rumble

So, what will I need to bring...besides my liquor?

I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money. Maybe just three or four essentials in the way of plastics. I may splurge and pick up an LC. So which one of those would I get if I was just buying one? Oh, and hooks for the plastics.

Default Re: Zuma Beach Rumble

Gulp CSW and frozen squid for bait , size 4 owner hooks

Bring two LC's or you'll be pissed when you lose one and don't have another :lol:
    2" GCSW rock the perch!

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie
    Bring two LC's or you'll be pissed when you lose one and don't have another :lol:
    2" GCSW rock the perch!
    Or you could just not use berkley vanish! :lol: You should get a lucky craft flah minnow 110 sp in aurora black and a couple of krocodiles for halis and gcsw for perch. Unfortunately I will not be going because my birthday is that day. :cry:

Calico Killer Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by BakoBassin

I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money. Maybe just three or four essentials in the way of plastics. I may splurge and pick up an LC. So which one of those would I get if I was just buying one? Oh, and hooks for the plastics.
    2" twister grubs - a few green, a few in the rust/motor-oil range. Gulp Camo sand worms (or dynamite if you can't find Gulp) That's all you need! Halibut off of the Pacific coast are a myth.

Overall, tackle not a big concern... what you wear is what will make your trip. I like a nice, tweed jacket with sued elbow patches. Match this with a conservatively cut pair of wool slacks, ghilie boots and prerhaps a porkpie hat and pipe and you are ready to praticipate in the art of fyshing wyth an ayngle. Tally-ho!

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad
    Overall, tackle not a big concern... what you wear is what will make your trip. I like a nice, tweed jacket with sued elbow patches. Match this with a conservatively cut pair of wool slacks, ghilie boots and prerhaps a porkpie hat and pipe and you are ready to praticipate in the art of fyshing wyth an ayngle. Tally-ho!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Hey I didn't know your real name was Izaak Walton.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad

2" twister grubs - a few green, a few in the rust/motor-oil range. Gulp Camo sand worms (or dynamite if you can't find Gulp) That's all you need! Halibut off of the Pacific coast are a myth.

I'm sure wingnut wouldn't agree! :lol:

Calico Killer Kevin

[quote=calico killer kevin]
    Quote Originally Posted by "City Dad"&#58 View Post

I'm sure wingnut wouldn't agree! :lol:

Calico Killer Kevin[/quote:40789]

Hey, at least if you can't catch any fish, you'll look really sharp getting Skunked. Bako, just bring whatever you got, we'll make it work for you and there will be plenty of people there, myself included, to lend a helping hand. :wink: :mrgreen:

Thanks everyone for the tips. I'll bring the essentials and go from there. I like to be self sufficient if at all possible.

I look forward to finally meeting you guys.