Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Board For Me....2007 in Pics

Default Re: New Board For Me....2007 in Pics

Damn, you guys tore it up last year. Nice job.

That is fishing at its best! Thanks for sharing all those pictures. My husband always tries to talk me into moving to Michigan and my response has always been if I wanted to live in the figid zone, I'd move to Alaska. :lol: That's my kind of fishing!

:shock: amazing post! congrats you you!

johnsfishing

Now THATS what I call a report! Thank you so much for sharing. :notworthy:

Got enough photo`s

Amazing report, Wonderful colors on those fish.

Also, amazing rod! My god that rod is sick! Way to go! Trip of a lifetime.

Britheguy (Brian) :lol:

Great report. I went to Alaska about 13 years ago and wanted to stay. It's unbelieveable. Fish in every stream and lake. I also lived in Texas a couple of years ago and know that there's not many fish with balls the size of those bull reds. Some of the specks in the photos are trophy once in a lifetime fish. Congrats and I need a job like yours. :lol:

Man o' man, that was one helluva report...Thank you. :appl: :appl: :appl: -Rich

Sorry for the lengthy post.....I have an severe insomnia issue and couldn't sleep so this post happened.

Tacklejunkie.....bull trout are virtually non existent in California waters they are only on the threatened list are there are still good numbers in some drainages of Montana and Washington.....tons of them in British Columbia clear up into the MacKenzie River drainage of the Northwest Territories. Montana has recently opened the south fork of the Flathead River for bull trout fishing as the law states you are not supposed to intentionally fish for them. On the Swan River I know two areas that hold 30 to 100 bulls at a time in August, on their spawning runs....have old pictures of fish to 32 inches. They are lake bull trout which spawn up the river.....fun fish.....they will absolutely crush rapalas.....and large lipped bass crankbaits. Have had them hit 12 inch rainbows I've had on the line and try to swallow them....they are fabulous voracious predators. But they are extremely sensitive to any pollution in the water and require small, cold headwaters for spawning. Over the 40 years of fishing that area the brookie/bull hybrids have shown up more and more.....I do what I can to thin out that hybrid population...they are quite tasty.

Jason....yes that 5 wt is my alltime favorite. I built it about`14 years ago on a Loomis 4 pc GL4 (now GLX) blank and use it way too much. Have a pic of a 40 lbs king salmon I caught on it while fishing one of the smaller rivers....she was well into spawning mode so the fight was not that terrific but I got a nice pic before sliding the hook out and letting her finish her business. Last year I had built a most fabulous Sage SLT 9' 7wt specifically for the large kenai bows and snapped the thing one inch above the cork on a big fish.....I was devastated as much time had been put into the handle:

I have been making rod for 25 years l.....contrary to what my wife thinks you can never have enough fishing rods.

If any of you have great about coming to Alaksa feel free to ask.....maybe even for a place to stay.

Thanks,
    Brian

that was a great report :thumb: my hat goes off to you.i never seen such colorfull fish before :thumb: i'll be looking for your next post.again great report :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast