Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Cal Poly Ponds

Default Cal Poly Ponds

so whats the deal with these ponds? i fished shepard reservoir, which actually seemed to be a pretty nice little pond, for absolutely nothing, no signs of life. and Indonesian Reservoir and Swine Waste Water Lagoon (haha) for a small amount of time which were absolutely disgusting for obvious reasons. i didnt know it was a waste water reservoir until just now, hahaha.

but anyway, shepard reservoir seemed pretty promising, but nothing. the access is pretty limited becuase it is surrounded by dense reeds so i was only able to fish off of the little dock.

i'm jus tnow discovering middlecamp reservoir through some research, is that where i need to be?

Default Re: Cal Poly Ponds

I took two fishing incapable people to fish the ponds a couple days ago and they didnt catch anything but they are super rookies. The lower pond dominated like a month ago on dinks. Im sure its just been the rainy weather lately thats hurt the bite. All the ponds produce though. peace :)

Quote Originally Posted by studlyfisherman
    I took two fishing incapable people to fish the ponds a couple days ago and they didnt catch anything but they are super rookies.
    That was nice of you to let FishermanStu fish with you. Who was the other person? Do I know them too?

Good luck at Cal Poly.

BTW, avoid the Yellow Speckled Brown Trout at the waste water treatment facility at all costs!

One_Leg

Finally people are starting to understand the way stu fishes. NOT VERY WELL! haha one_leg has witnessed it. :banana:

Finally people are starting to understand the way stu fishes. NOT VERY WELL! haha one_leg has witnessed it. :banana:
    At least I've seen him catch fish!
    O_L

i have yet to fish any of the ponds, mostly because i get **** from my roommates everytime i whip out my fishing gear haha.

scott i out fished the **** out of you when we went there. and you know it. so i dont really want to hear it. lets go and we will see what kind of angler you really are

first off i let you stu. second ima trophy hunter. third off i have the lake record haha. fourth if you ever come up here and stop being a pansy we will hit that up and ill blow you up.

second ima trophy hunter.
    Where's your, "Trophy Catches by Studlyfisherman in 2007" thread located at?

One_Leg

didnt say i was a trophy catcher. Its called fishing not catching a wise man taught me one day. For stu its just called not catching!