Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just in time for Mother's Day...

You know, I've gone out of Fisherman's several times, not once have they charged me more than what was posted.

I think that for the most part, since this is an overnighter and not a 1.5 day trip, it's pretty much the same as everywhere else.
    Newport and Davey's charges $140 for a trip to San Clemente.
    Only a $15 difference compared to Fisherman's.

But hey, you can take your chance and go fishing or you can question it and read my report!! :lol: (Honestly, I would rather write a report with as many people from FNN than not!)

Quote Originally Posted by Funjunkie74
    You know, I've gone out of Fisherman's several times, not once have they charged me more than what was posted.

I think that for the most part, since this is an overnighter and not a 1.5 day trip, it's pretty much the same as everywhere else.
    Newport and Davey's charges $140 for a trip to San Clemente.
    Only a $15 difference compared to Fisherman's.

But hey, you can take your chance and go fishing or you can question it and read my report!! :lol: (Honestly, I would rather write a report with as many people from FNN than not!)

hehe, i was in SD just this wknd (not for fishing though). btw: is the shogun usually a good charter? i've never gone on a charter before. i'm planning to do either a 1/2 or 3/4 day first sometime soon though.
    hmm, it looks like the fishcount on the shogun was sorta low yesterday: for 17 anglers, 17 Bonito, 1 Calico Bass, 1 Rockfish, 6 Sculpin, 6 Yellowtail

Its not that I question your facts , It just sounds like a good deal for $125.00 . I wish I had the extra $$$ to go on this trip. It's been 3 years since I've been out on the salt. That's way to long so hopefully this summer I will get the chance to get some of that Tuna out of S.D. Good luck on the trip and may the fishing Gods smile upon you all

Jplee: This is my first time on the Shogun too! But I recall having this discussion a while ago with some anglers and the Shogun came up several times as a great boat and crew. But as we all know, good things always come to an end somewhere. I'm hoping that my virgin trip on the Shogun will be a good one and hope to come back with some pics that will impress!!! Also, if you read the Shogun website, they wrote that they came across several more YT, but only landed the few. (um, can you say, 40# test?) Evidently not too many people were prepared for the fight!!

Troutman: Gotcha! You should try to make it. Yeah, I know what you mean on the price. But $125 is darn cheap!! Hey, if I come across any deals, coupons or the like, I'll post it here. Keep checkin!! Aight?!?! (p.s. Thanks for the prayer... :wink: )

$125 is cheap indeed.

I just hope they don't decide to troll the whole time in hopes of better YT counts. It's been my experience that captains do weird stuff (and label it "exploratory" only after your on the boat!) during the transition period.

Have a good trip Joe, I would hope on in a heartbeat if I was in town.

Rich, I'll Photoshop your face in some of the pictures... :rofl:

Ralph...I want to go but I hate the drive...

The Shogun is a great boat....If you ever wanted to do a long range trip this is your time to test a real fishing machine. The Shogun is one of the top boats of the long rangers and youll never find a deal this cheap for an overnighter on a boat like this. All Stateroom accomadations on a big boat.

Almost worked for a capt who used to deck on the shogun. If the crew all turned out like him, you'll be in great shape.

I still don't see any takers....!!
    What's up?!?!

Considering all the gear buying that's been happening, I would think that you'd want to test em out before the summer....

I know, I am!! My new reel is itching to do battle with a YT or maybe a DODO!!!!! Hey, we could be the lucky ones to see the first of any tuna action...(hey, we're all optimists here right??).

I promise to take good pictures!! HAHA!! :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by NextFishingChamp
    Ralph...I want to go but I hate the drive...

The Shogun is a great boat....If you ever wanted to do a long range trip this is your time to test a real fishing machine. The Shogun is one of the top boats of the long rangers and youll never find a deal this cheap for an overnighter on a boat like this. All Stateroom accomadations on a big boat.

the drive is holding me back too ... i hate the drive to SD

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast